• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My GCC's mysterious band number is driving me crazy...

maxe1108

Moving in
Real Name
Masha A
I got my GCC about 5 1/2 years ago and recently I have been curious about how old she actually is, so naturally I have been trying to decode her leg band in hopes that I could find some more info.
The band reads "PBA 10723" and is a closed, silver band with the letters and numbers engraved into the band.
I have been searching the web endlessly in hopes to find the breeder or any other info regarding the band number and I have not had any luck so far. Does anyone know what the numbers could mean or how I can find her exact age? I am almost positive that she was quite young when I got her because her beak was slightly pale at the tip and she was quite a bit smaller than she is now.
Thank you in advance for any help/guidance!!!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Sometimes you will not find any real information, unfortunately. Though an older thread says that PBA stands for Queen's Pride Aviary, located in Texas.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I've tried searching bands also, never could find any info, Snowpea had one, nada, no, nope, nothing, ..wanted to return her if I could,,,,,gave up, now shes mine, mine, mine! And that band was removed.