• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Flock Thread!

Bunchobird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mali
Let me introduce you to my flock

Bluberry : Female, currenly not tame, Love her to death (she is my first baby) ,had her for a little over a year.
BTW - this photo was when she had gotten a bad wing clipping (very visible) since then I do not clip my birds (unless boarding my bird while on vacation or any other semi-sensable reason. ALSO, I am open for talking about heated topics such as mirrors, dyed toys, coconut hides (all "breeding" type things) and wing clipping. :)
IMG_0197.JPG

And lets welcome our new member!

No name - Baby (unknown sex), Playful, got June 24th, 2022, Tame, and working on "step up"
We are hoping for a male. In all the photos I've taken, the cere looks lighter.

IMG_1848.jpg
them after a bath :)

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Congratulations!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lovely birds!

I think your new one is male.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I do not clip my birds (unless boarding my bird while on vacation
Do they require your birds to be clipped? Have you looked for somewhere else that doesn´t require this? To clip a bird to board them sounds very confusing and traumatic for the birds. Ï´m sure all of mine would be scared and upset if they got clipped and then were boarded away from my home without me.
Boarding birds is scary enough for them, so I think clipping on top of that is not fair.

Bunchobird

Real Name
Mali
No, I Havent actually ever boarded them, But when I do in august, I was thinking that it would be safer for bluberry since she is an escape artist. But as I thought about it a little more, It might not be such a good idea.

Spyglass29

Strolling the yard
Aww, pretty babies :awww: Congratulations! Baby looks like a male to me.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hope your two do well. Both really cute.

Bunchobird

Real Name
Mali
Here is him watching me make a salad for him <3 (don't sweat it, I bought a playstand made with vegtable dye and notoxic glue :) )
IMG_1855.jpg

Wet birdie <3 loveeeeee
IMG_1845.jpg

On this wing, There is a bald spot. Is that because they plucked the feather instead of clipping it? or is that not normal? Anyone have an explanation for this? It does not seem to bother him at all, but should I take him to the vet to get it checked out?

I love how his head looks like he has a crest :hehepink::birdance:
IMG_1846.jpg

I might jsut be overthinking this as I don't want to do ANYTHING wrong this time.. I can see the veins on the beak, and when I look in his cere ( like from the top) I see like a beige dot in it. is that just the anatomy of the bird? also his nails are super long, do I need to take him to the vet to get them trimmed or is it possible for me to do it myself. I can see the pink spot where the quick starts. Any youtube links for nail clipping? only if you suggest it.
IMG_1844.jpg

is there any visible health things wrong here? Just trying to be extra careful :)

Here is the cage setup. Any perch suggestions? I will be taking out the coconut hide very soon, bluberry (female) has no interest in it, but the baby (male) screams at night when he doesn't have it. I will take it out but was going to give him a week or two to adjust to my house first before I take his comfort place away. FYI, It was where he hid in the cage at the pet store. any toys that budgies like? Should I spread out the toys? they seem to like having a "toy area", they hang out there all the time. Im so happy, bluberry has actually started playing with toys!!! I am trying my hardest to keep it more natural, So on perchs, toys, food ect. I need naturalistic colored toy suggestions. do they sell naturalistic rope perches?

IMG_1867.jpg

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’d add some beaded toys, skewers & shiny toys. Nice size. :)

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
My budgies love seagrass, sola, balsa, carton and platform perches, but the cage already looks like alot of fun!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
also his nails are super long, do I need to take him to the vet to get them trimmed or is it possible for me to do it myself. I can see the pink spot where the quick starts. Any youtube links for nail clipping? only if you suggest it.
IF you want to learn how to clip nails, get the vet to do it at the initial check up/wellness check for your baby bird, and ask them to show you. Observe well so you can do it yourself after. If you ever feel unsure, return to the vet and ask for help again.

Bunchobird

Real Name
Mali
Mr. Squiggles is his name!!! He is doing great at recall and knows step up and "down" I meant to say step down but I acidentally forgot step.. :facepalm:. he is so excited to see me! maybe a little too much.. he comes RUNNING to the fron of the cage and I cant open the door without him being ON the door. lol