• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My First Try at Birdie Bread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
I did some reasearch and put together my own little recipe and tried it out. Turned out great!

1 1/2 Cups of Cornmeal
1 Cup of Buckwheat Flour
1/2 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
1/8 Cup of Wheat Germ
1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Baking Soda

3 Eggs
3 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 1/4 Cups of Water

1 Cup of Dry Mix (Cockatiel Seed, Sunflower Seeds [In Shell], Fruity ZuPreem Pellets, Crushed Walnuts, Cherrios, Crushed Eggshell.)
1 Cup of Fresh Vegetables (Peas, Beans, Brocolli, Carrots.)

Mix together all dry ingredients. Blend wet ingredients well. Mix together and add vegetables. Mix well. Pour into small pan lined with oil and flour to prevent sticking. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 Degrees.

Happy Baking! I'll let you know how Koba likes it. :D

Attachments

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
OOOO Looks YUMMY... You are going to have one happy fid there. Looks like you did a great job on it.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I did some reasearch and put together my own little recipe and tried it out. Turned out great!

1 1/2 Cups of Cornmeal
1 Cup of Buckwheat Flour
1/2 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
1/8 Cup of Wheat Germ
1/2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tbsp Baking Soda

3 Eggs
3 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 1/4 Cups of Water

1 Cup of Dry Mix (Cockatiel Seed, Sunflower Seeds [In Shell], Fruity ZuPreem Pellets, Crushed Walnuts, Cherrios, Crushed Eggshell.)
1 Cup of Fresh Vegetables (Peas, Beans, Brocolli, Carrots.)

Mix together all dry ingredients. Blend wet ingredients well. Mix together and add vegetables. Mix well. Pour into small pan lined with oil and flour to prevent sticking. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350 Degrees.

Happy Baking! I'll let you know how Koba likes it. :D
It looks amazing, I am sure Koba will LOVE it!

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
WOW! That is awesome!!!

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
That looks terrific. I tried the Mama's bread -used red palm oil for the regular oil and my birdies wouldn't touch it. I think I'm trying your recipe next . Thanks

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
looks great yyour birds will love it

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
That looks great!:dance5:
"That looks terrific. I tried the Mama's bread -used red palm oil for the regular oil and my birdies wouldn't touch it."
I cook my bread first and then spread the Red Palm Oil over the TOP of the bread like I was icing a cake...it soaks into the bread....
I have found you have to keep giving it to them on a daily bases and they will learn to eat it...I cut my bread the size of my thumb nail so they can take a couple of bites and go on to the next piece...:hug8:

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
WOW great recipe i think ill give that one a try too! I like BF have found that spreading it on bread (like butter on toast) they eat it (well everyone but felix) but i have also mixed a bit into a cooked grain mix while it was hot and they ALL ate that

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Ohhh yea!!! I haven't tried it just yet...last time I made brownies I broke me finger lol.
Sooo I have Crystal make it for me lol but when hers runs out which will be soon I need to make an attempt at it lol wish me luck!

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
Thanks guys. It is a very easy recipe and I am not the best baker! LOL. Koba gets her first try at it tonight. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.