• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My First Baby Hatched Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorg S.

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jorg S
:omg: I'm so excited my first Lovebird baby hatched today :dance4:
And it is just so cute and little :heart:
Don't ask me why they put that almond in there :lol:

Here is a snap of the baby and the other eggs and the proud parents.

Attachments

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
How sweet, congratulations. :D

Jorg S.

Real Name
Jorg S
Thank you!
I still can't figure out that almond though there is nothing that big in their food.
Well 14 eggs to go :omg:

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
Awwwwwww:heart::heart::heart:
I miss having lovie babies in the house. They are so adorable. Have fun!:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
:omg: 'That's so amazing! I can only image your excitement.
Can't wait to see the "growing up" pics. That's always so fascinating to see.
You are going to have your hands full!
Will you be selling them, Jorg? Was this one from the pair you bought at the Atlanta Bird Fair?

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lovie babies are fun to handfeed! They are so cute and nekid! You are gonna be busy real soon!

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Sooo cute!! Is that white fuzz I see? Blue series bub?

Do you know the background of splits on the pair? And do you know what color Jessie is? Looks like a dutch blue aussie but hard to tell from that pic!

I can't wait till I have egg of my own hatch!!

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Compassion said:
Aw so sweet!Almond Joy hehe
Almond Joy!!! LOVE it!!! Could totally be its name!!! Could have a chocolate or nut theme of names going for that clutch :rofl:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
I want to see the baby that hatches from the Almond! Soooooooooo cute. They grow even faster than weeds, take lotsa pictures.

Jorg S.

Real Name
Jorg S
:omg: 'That's so amazing! I can only image your excitement.
Can't wait to see the "growing up" pics. That's always so fascinating to see.
You are going to have your hands full!
Will you be selling them, Jorg? Was this one from the pair you bought at the Atlanta Bird Fair?
Monica,
The pair from the show has not done anything as of yet but I had 3 pairs shipped to me also from Atlanta and those are the ones that are sitting.
Yes they will be available for sale but I will keep one from each clutch.

Jorg S.

Real Name
Jorg S
Sooo cute!! Is that white fuzz I see? Blue series bub?

Do you know the background of splits on the pair? And do you know what color Jessie is? Looks like a dutch blue aussie but hard to tell from that pic!

I can't wait till I have egg of my own hatch!!
Stephanie,

I believe the lady told me that Jessie was a Australian cinnamon cream if that is right.
Do you have any sitting on eggs?

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
Congrats

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Stephanie,

I believe the lady told me that Jessie was a Australian cinnamon cream if that is right.
Do you have any sitting on eggs?

Technically I have not had any bubs of my own yet. The ones I am rasing are a friends. All 8 pairs decided to nest at the same time, so she had..Hmm..30 some bubs all needed pulled at the same time.

My pair, Baboo & Casso, have eggs atm. But Casso isn't old enough. He is only 7 months. I tried to discourage her from laying , but she was determined. Of course they are infertile, but I guess this is practice for them. I am hoping for my 1st good clutch late spring/early summer!! I can not wait!

And I have never heard of a Australian cream. I'm sure she is either referring to it being a blue series aussie, My guess is still dutch blue, or a splitcinnamino. A male visual for both cinnamon & Ino...a very nice bird for breeding if so! They tend to look like aussies, I'm still trying to figure out how to tell an aussie apart from a splitcinnamino myself.

But If that babys fuzz is white, that means blue series, which means momma is split to blue, Nice!!

You have to include grow-up shots!! Def, we need them...babies are too cute!!

Jorg S.

Real Name
Jorg S
Technically I have not had any bubs of my own yet. The ones I am rasing are a friends. All 8 pairs decided to nest at the same time, so she had..Hmm..30 some bubs all needed pulled at the same time.

My pair, Baboo & Casso, have eggs atm. But Casso isn't old enough. He is only 7 months. I tried to discourage her from laying , but she was determined. Of course they are infertile, but I guess this is practice for them. I am hoping for my 1st good clutch late spring/early summer!! I can not wait!

And I have never heard of a Australian cream. I'm sure she is either referring to it being a blue series aussie, My guess is still dutch blue, or a splitcinnamino. A male visual for both cinnamon & Ino...a very nice bird for breeding if so! They tend to look like aussies, I'm still trying to figure out how to tell an aussie apart from a splitcinnamino myself.

But If that babys fuzz is white, that means blue series, which means momma is split to blue, Nice!!

You have to include grow-up shots!! Def, we need them...babies are too cute!!
:omg: 30 something babies?
That's allot of work wow.
I wish I knew about genetics as much as you, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this.

I now have 3 babies 2 from the same clutch and one from another pair.
As I said I have 3 pairs sitting on eggs and like you and your friend will be very busy shortly :hehe:
If you don't mind as they start feathering in you could help me id the mutations.

Status
Not open for further replies.