• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Dream May Be Coming True!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex123

Rollerblading along the road
I am almost in tears right now (happy tears). We went garage selling today and wouldn't you know they had the most beautiful Quarter Horse there :dance5:. She is AMAZING!! They let us go look at her and the guy (who BTW, is super nice) got her haltered up and brought her out to me. She has great feet, which he trims himself! She has a nice mane and tail, is 8 years old (the perfect age), broke for any rider but still has a lot of spark to her :dance4:. Well, she even let me pick up all four feet and groom her! Her name is Gracie, I know so cute! Well, my parents said we will come see her again tomorrow night!!!!!!!! The man said, oh don't worry about that. Because they are bringing her here to our house tomorrow night to see how I ride her, and see how she reacts to things. She is priced at $800, but the guy and his wife said that they would take $650 with her and her belongings (saddle, bridle, halter, ect.). Wish me luck tomorrow! If she and I do well together, she will be mine!

Sorry the link won't work. I will put up pics tomorrow!

Last edited:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Congrats! Same rules apply, a vet check is in order. Run your hands up and down her legs lookin for hot spots. Take each of her legs one at a time and hold them folded up tight at the knee and the hock at the back then walk her to see if she's stiff or limbs.

You need the vet to listen to her heart and lungs because unless she's really sick you won't be able to hear anything.

Ginger

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Good luck :hug8:

Lex123

Yeah, they are having a vet come out tomorrow also. I picked up her legs many times today. She walked fine afterwards. I am really excited, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, just in case it doesn't work out :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
good luck!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It sounds like a great opportunity! Best of luck!

Matt

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh how exciting for you!!! Let us know how it turns out :hug8:

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Lex that is awesome! Congratulations!!!
I just love horses :) When we just had one, taking care of a single horse was a breeze (for me). I loved being out in the barn all the time! But once you get a couple more....well, they aren't an animal where if you have one, you might as well have two :hehe:.
But seriously Lex I'm excited for you! Take pictures! We must see this!

Lex123

Lex that is awesome! Congratulations!!!
I just love horses :) When we just had one, taking care of a single horse was a breeze (for me). I loved being out in the barn all the time! But once you get a couple more....well, they aren't an animal where if you have one, you might as well have two :hehe:.
But seriously Lex I'm excited for you! Take pictures! We must see this!
Thanks! Did you see the ad? I think it has some pics :) I will have my mom take more pics tomorrow when I am riding her! She is seriously so nice and gentle, though. I just love her! :heart:

My mom has already been on CL today looking for riding helmets and riding vests, lol. We found a safty vest that is my size for only 30 dollars! Never has been in a fall either. i think we are getting that.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my gosh Lex, I am so excited for you!! I remember when I got my first horse. Your link doesn't have anything on it by the way.
I will say a special pray for that everything works out! Hugs!!!

Lex123

Oh my gosh Lex, I am so excited for you!! I remember when I got my first horse. Your link doesn't have anything on it by the way.
I will say a special pray for that everything works out! Hugs!!!
Oh, know. I will fix the link!

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Thats exciting! Horses are big in our family and I know how much a girl and her horse can bond! Lots of work though, more than I was ever willing to put in at your age! LOL

Good Luck!

Lex123

Thats exciting! Horses are big in our family and I know how much a girl and her horse can bond! Lots of work though, more than I was ever willing to put in at your age! LOL

Good Luck!
Thanks, Kim! I get Horse & Rider magazine every month. I see all of ther training articles and now thinking i might actually be able to dig up all of those old magazines and apply them to my horse will be awesome!

Lex123

Ok, I need some help from my horse people here :)

What exacly is a broken bit? That is what Gracie uses.

Bethany

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
Wow, I really hope this works out for you! :)
Owning a horse is my dream too.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I believe a broken bit is hinged in the middle also known as a snaffle bit.

Ginger

Lex123

I believe a broken bit is hinged in the middle also known as a snaffle bit.

Ginger

Thank you Ginger. I am familiar with the snaffle bit, that really helps!

Oh, and my perents said, 'Yes' the horse is mine now, as long as we ride well together! Did I metion that I am paying for her? The initial $650 is a 'loan' from my parents. From now until I pay Gracie off I am in debt, lol! They are paying for everything else like bits, and safty items. I already have $75 saved up from selling my last bird stand, and I am hoping to get at least $300 at the bird show.

Lex123

Wow, I really hope this works out for you! :)
Owning a horse is my dream too.
Thank you! I have waited so long waiting and waiting for a horse, and now that it is happening, I am estatic! I hope your dream comes true one day soon for you :hug8:.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
How fabulous for you if that works out!!
Gosh, that is my daughter's dream come true too.
Can't wait to see pics....and of you riding her too.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lex i wish you all the luck...you deserve it!! also please ride with a helmet.I'll be checking this thread for more news :)

Status
Not open for further replies.