• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My Dog Vomiting Blood Clots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleu

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Hey guys. My dog Aleu vomited pink tinged vomit on Christmas eve with lots of blood clots. I brought her to the vet and he said she seems very healthy otherwise and put a referral in for a 1,000 gastroscopic or endoscopic procedure. She has an appointment this Saturday at 1 and hopefully they will RO Tue procedure same day.

Her regular vet isn't convinced its cancer. I have her on pepcid AC for now according to vet he said I could wait and see or just do the procedure. I opted to just do the procedure because wait and see seems like a bad idea. She vomited more blood tinged vomit today and it seems to akways just be in the morning.

Has anyone had this happen before or had this procedure done on their dog? I'm so scared its cancer, but it could just be reflux or an ulcer too. Vet agreed. I'm having NO luck with vet bills lately and I'm so stressed out.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so sorry Aleu is having problems. I moved this to 911 for more attention and help. :hug8:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Just a quick note to say I'm sending up a prayer for Aleu. I've some wonderful mutts myself, and know how worried you must be.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have had this happen and also opted for the procedure. It turned out to be from gastritis. I hope Aleu is soon feeling better and it is nothing serious. :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I hope shes feeling better, :hug8:

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
I'm so sorry Aleu is having problems. I moved this to 911 for more attention and help. :hug8:
Thank you :)

Just a quick note to say I'm sending up a prayer for Aleu. I've some wonderful mutts myself, and know how worried you must be.
Thank you for praying for her :)

I have had this happen and also opted for the procedure. It turned out to be from gastritis. I hope Aleu is soon feeling better and it is nothing serious. :hug8:
Ohh I hope its just that! It does appear to be. I worry for the worst, especially since the ptsd which makes me afraid of losing.everyone and everything , so your post is quite reassuring! It also helps she doesn't act or look sick, but when your pet is suddenly vomiting what looks like parts of her stomach, its alarming for sure! Thank you for sharing and for the good wishes.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sending healing energy:hug8:

WingedVictory

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Sorry to Aleu having problems. You might want to do some research on the herb slippery elm. SE is a herb that has many use and all should have it in the emergency kits. Here is one of many articles.

Hoping Aleu gets well soon.

Slippery Elm

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
Her tummy has seemed a bit more fat, but her poops appear normal (no blood). I'd like all the following postscript but I don't think I can on my phone so im quoting them.

Thanks Anne!

Sending healing energy:hug8:
Thank you :)

Sorry to Aleu having problems. You might want to do some research on the herb slippery elm. SE is a herb that has many use and all should have it in the emergency kits. Here is one of many articles.

Hoping Aleu gets well soon.

Slippery Elm
Thank you I will research it.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
sending prayers and healing energy for Aleu and big :hug8: for you :heart:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Hope she feels better soon. Was a ultrasound discussed? Just a thought here. I have also read about slippery elm for gastric issues and bowel. Hugs to you both! :)

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
sending prayers and healing energy for Aleu and big :hug8: for you :heart:

Hope she feels better soon. Was a ultrasound discussed? Just a thought here. I have also read about slippery elm for gastric issues and bowel. Hugs to you both! :)
It was mentioned, but there was more emphasis on the gastroscopy thing. I will meet with the internist at this appointment and she will let me know that day what needs to be done.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
praying for you and Aleu! Keep us posted!:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Sending you some more encouragement and prayers. :hug8:

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Prayers and good thoughts coming :hug8:.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hug8: Praying it ends up being something simple.

Aleu

Avenue Veteran
Hey guys. Just got the bloodwork back today. ill give a more detailed update tomorrow. It's been crazy here with my grampie dieing and with trying to find money to pay for this and Boomerangs upcoming air sac draining. In short, the grand total came to $1200.....and I feel I could have just gone elsewhere and gotten a more definite answer instead of just a 1200 maybe and a bunch of medicine I could have gotten at my regular vet for a lot cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.