• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My dear Yuka

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
If you had asked me how I imagined our future together would be, it would of been full of so many more memories. It would of been us together for many more years.

It’s only been 3 days without you, and it still doesn’t feel real. I wake up without your breakfast call and wonder, what I could of possibly done differently? Did I miss something?
I can only hope you knew, even though I could only see you through the hospital incubator, that all I wished to do was hold you close. I wish I would of told you I love you a thousand times over that day.

Grief never goes away. And it clouds us over with hurt and confusion. But deep in my heart, I know you knew how much I loved you. And I’m so thankful I had almost 6 incredible years with you, even though I wish it was so many more.
I’m trying to remind myself I did everything I could. That these things can just happen no matter what we do. But it’s a day by day thing.
For now I’m holding your big sister Mimi close and trying to remember you with a smile instead of tears.

Thank you guys for being so supportive while she was in the hospital last week after her seizure. And thank you AA for listening to her crazy conure antics over the years and sharing in her amazing life. Here’s some of my favorite pictures of my baby girl. ❤ 8805063E-6D39-42BE-812D-19CD4D8DCB2B.jpeg 5E29CC5F-035E-4A64-8B86-CC24A59557EF.jpeg 749E4DD3-3B9D-44BE-B606-13F0EBFF15E8.jpeg D701A448-F1B6-4043-8389-5C8C5DC28F8C.jpeg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She was such a beautiful and well-loved girl!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
What a blessing to have her at least as long as you did. :bluhug: And I'm glad you and Mimi have each other.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a cutie she was!:heart: I wish she could have been with you longer.:( She definitely knew how much you loved her, and I’m sure she loved you just as much back.
:hug8:

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I’m sorry about your loss. Beautiful pictures.

OkiF

Sitting on the front steps
I am so sorry for your loss, she was a beauty, and I am sure that she had a wonderful life.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:sadhug2: :sadhug2: :sadhug2:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sorrow:

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful Yuka. She was clearly loved very much.
As you said, grief is so painful when we lose our loved ones.
I lost my heart bird, Mr Jingles, 18 months ago, after 18 years of love, laughter and friendship. Unfortunately the longing for them, the regrets and huge feelings of loss are a day to day thing.
I have dreamt of him twice since then....he was happy in the trees and he flew over to me.
I know I will see him again in heaven ...they are a part of us and the bond and the love can never be taken away.
You too will carry Yuka in your heart for always. I had a painting done of Jingles ....he looks over me from where he used to sit on his cage.
This forum also helped, and still does help me so much.
Little Yuka certainly was the cutest little girl ...the pictures are just beautiful.
Thinking of you at this sad time x

budgieluv3

Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I’m so sorry for your loss.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Thank you for your kind words everyone, it’s still hard for me to come to terms with her not being here but I can feel her in my heart every day.

I decided to try my hand at some art for her and thought I’d share it here. ❤
9F464BED-532D-4CF3-AC89-8124E97A1D20.jpeg 36C0E407-0967-4CBB-8578-F175A30FC47B.jpeg
I miss my little girl so much, but I swear I could feel her right next to me while making this. And I was able to genuinely smile. D23EC096-6759-485E-9D6A-C0FAED3E9F63.jpeg

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss of your dear Yuka :sorrow: The art you made is absolutely gorgeous :heart2: Beautiful tribute :flowbug:

tjc

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tammy
I’m sorry about Yuka, she was beautiful. You and Mimi can help each other through the next few weeks. There is not a time limit on grief, May your memories bring you some comfort. Big hugs.
:hug6: