• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Darling Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Here's my darling Pi. He was born with only one leg and his only foot is a bit deformed. He's a tiny little budgie, and the sweetest thing ever. He has NEVER bitten anyone or anything.

Here's one of his cagemates...Twinkie! A fractured spine caused her to lose the use of her legs. She moves using her beak to pull herself.
We don't know how it happened because her old home dumped her in a box outside of a pet store. Luckily a rescue worker was there when they found her and took her in. My darling hubby drove me 100 miles each way to bring this beautiful baby home.....:heart:

Max is another one of the cage mates, and was part of a pair we "rescued." His old owner didn't want them anymore, and had killed previous "sick" budgies in a very disturbing way. Originally we were going to find a home for them first, but when hubby found out previous gruesome details, they ended up in our house ASAP. Sometime during his stay there, Max broke his wing and it never healed properly so it's contorted and he cannot fly. The vet said the break is too old and there's nothing we can do about it anymore.

Max's original buddy is Emma, and she rounds out the "special" budgie cage in the house. From her almost all millet diet in her old home, she has a hypothyroid condition and fatty tumors all over her chest. She weighs more than our lovebird and has to be medicated twice a day for the rest of her life to keep it under control.

Last but not least, Lucky! Lucky has a lump on her hip that makes her a hunchback. The vet is not sure if it's scar tissue or a tumor, and right now it's not really necessary to find out. It's not growing, nor does it hamper her in any way. She just stands and walks a little funny on flat surfaces, so she prefers to fly and hop. She's quite an active little girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.