• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my cockatiel

yoyo65

Meeting neighbors
alright is it a good idea to bring it to my park and take a stroll with it in the cage?does cockatiel like greenary. give me some good answers:)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You could try practising, and take your bird out (in their cage) into your garden or out the front of your house and see their reaction. They might not like it or they might like it. But staying close to home for the test run means you can go home if you think your bird is not having a good time.

I did a test run like this with my bird in his harness. I just hung out with him in the patio outside for a while :)

yoyo65

Meeting neighbors
will
You could try practising, and take your bird out (in their cage) into your garden or out the front of your house and see their reaction. They might not like it or they might like it. But staying close to home for the test run means you can go home if you think your bird is not having a good time.

I did a test run like this with my bird in his harness. I just hung out with him in the patio outside for a while :)
will it fly away when i bring it out of the cage in the park?

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
will

this depends on your bird. I would harness/flightsuit train them first. however if they don't like it after a couple months its best to drop it so you don't damage your relationship w/ your bird. trust me i know from experience it takes a while to regain their trust on something like that. and even then they may get uncomfortable or spooked and instinctively try to flee. again based on your bird

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
will

It's a big possibility. My birds always come outside in a cage or carrier (they don't like to be harnessed). Ollie will let me harness him but then he immediately tries to take it off so we stick with carrier. Although where I live, we don't have many parks so our backyard is where we go

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
will

Do not let your bird out of their cage in the park. They can enjoy looking from inside the cage.

If one day you manage to train your bird to be acepting of a harness in your house, then you can try taking your bird out in a harness.