• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My cockatiel was attacked by my conure and now he’s no acting right

Birblover7

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Josie
The conures are nesting in the room and my little brother left his door open
My cockatiel flew in there while I was downstairs and he flew into the conure room
I wasn’t up there so I didn’t even know anything was happening but my mom said she heard screaming and ran in there and Angel’s (my cockatiels) feathers were everywhere)
He flew out of the room downstairs and was breeding extrmely heavily with his mouth wide open
He remained like that for a long time before stopping but he’s still not acting right
He’s got missing feathers in his chest but no blood anywhere that I see
He won’t let me near him which is REALLY weird and he won’t go near the other birds which even weirder
He’s been fluffed up barely moving for the last couple hours
He still flies just fine (especially when I try to get near him)
I’m not sure what they could’ve done to make him like this, I’m hoping it’s just shock
He couldn’t have been in there for more than a few minutes and the door was open so he could’ve flown away
But my mom said she has a horrible feeling about it
No vets for 3 hours treat birds, I can’t drive and my parents have work
I’m not sure what to do… my mom said that she could take it out of my graduation gift to take him to the vet but none of us are able to drive that far until next weekend….
Im extremely scared
I lost my other baby cockatiel in august and I still haven’t recovered
He’s barely a year old

Birblover7

Real Name
Josie
Do you think there’s something that they could do that would cause him to die ? He’s not dead right now of course but do you think it’s possible?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It entirely depends on the what actually happened. If it was just fright, then he may be perfectly fine after having some time to relax. Think about it from his perspective - his birdie friends just attacked him, and his humans are anxious and hovering and weren't there to stop it. He has a lot of things in his head he's sorting out and not sure who to trust right now. All of that will take TIME.

If there was no blood, then likely this will pass. But if there was any blood, its anyone's guess.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Its best to put him in his cage to relax and recover.

Birblover7

Real Name
Josie
He started making noises and eating again, but he's still pretty skittish.
I wouldn't have thought that it could be very bad, but my mother saying she has a really bad feeling and I should "prepare myself" made my nerves really high
No, I didn't see any blood at all.