• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My cockatiel Specks

Mybirdiespecks

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Krystal Love
I recently posted on the special needs thread about Specks scissor/crooked beak and I just want to THANK everyone that commented and helped!!
Specks and I are extremely happy ya'll can help!
I posted a new picture of him with his beak trimming here! Looks so much better, of course it's not as good as new- but I'm just happy it's improvement and know all is well!

Well- this little guy, I'll tell you a bit about him! I did welcome ourselves, so I'll try to be different here!
Specks enjoys hanging out with the family more than playing with his toys in cage, I got him some new toys he is a tad more interested in than the others. He just enjoys being a sleepy birdie in his cage mostly.
It's just me (his mom-29 years old), my hubby (33 years old), and my son (2 and 1/2 years old). I usually hog Specks to myself- I had a GCC before so I was used to being her person and I know cockatiels don't really have A person I still kinda have that mentality in hopes I'm the favorite caz I'm his mama!
He's 8 months old (got him when he was almost 3 months old)- the most chill and confident out of his siblings which drew me to him (plus I couldn't get over the beautiful pearl mutation!). He whistles and the family the owns the bird store I got him at can make an educated guess according to the pelvic bone after 6 months (apparently) so I'm guessing he's a boy! And yeah- this stuff should probably be in the welcome forum?!?!
Just wanted to thank those who helped me help him with the scissor beak he has and I guess tell a little more about my pride and joy birdie!

I'm not to active on forums, I usually get on them for help- but this forum website seems to have nice people and interesting threads so I will try to check in and be an active member!

Also am I allowed to share Specks Instagram account if anyone wants to see his photos regularly and follow him/ me follow u?!

Attachments

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Glad he's doing better, :hug8:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He is so cute! I'm glad his beak is better.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Welcome to the forum, and Specks is adorable! I'm so glad he is doing well!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So glad he is doing well :)

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Yes, please share more photos of him. We love fid photos and can never get enough!