• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Cockatiel Mickey died today

Stwolf

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Anthony
I am doing this for myself as i had been holding back and being the strong one in the family as a dad.
Mickey passed on today (conjunctivitis) after waiting for me to wake up, he gathered his last strength to walk, climb the bed to approach me & died on my chest less than a minute later. (like those in Hollywood movies)
He would be 5 years old this july.
We adopted him since he was a month old, an ugly duckling nobody wanted.
us & our 3 kids always wonder why Mickey like me so much. he would always try his hardest to get to me wherever i am. even when i was sleeping ( i move a lot when i sleep, so he was very patient abt that )

he was always the friendliest to us and never bit any of us. in short, he was really a good boy.
i am typing this alone and now i can cry after kids are asleep. dammit this is too painful for me to continue.
we had another tiel who was close to me & he passed few years back

i am not getting any pet close to me ever again, just let my wife & daughter do what they do. i'm not cut out for this ****
this post will be a reminder for me
i am getting a big pot for him today, we plant pink flowers T_T

Attachments

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I’m so, so sorry for your loss. Try to take comfort in knowing Mickey lived a life full of love because of you. :sadhug2:

Stwolf

Real Name
Anthony
I’m so, so sorry for your loss. Try to take comfort in knowing Mickey lived a life full of love because of you. :sadhug2:
i am not sure i gave him the best. he always liked to chill on my shoulder for the whole day while i was busy. always wondered what more could i give him

Shilpa

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shilpa
I am so sorry for your loss :sorrow: Have a nice memorial for him. Maybe that will make you feel better:sadhug2:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:sorrow: I’m so very sorry for your loss of your dear friend.
:sadhug2:

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss of Mickey and your other birds :sorrow: Very heartbreaking

clammysox

I'm so sorry for your loss. The love from your bird is special ... he just wanted to be near you and you gave him that gift of your shoulder. It's so sad to lose them ... but I treasure the memories and I just know in my heart that all the birdie souls are flying together now.

Stwolf

Real Name
Anthony
thanks guys, i bought a big pot and fertile soil as well as some flowers. my daughter is still crying silently. i hope this can cheer her up later today.
if any people here can recommend type of flowers to plant would be great.
i bought blue daze and pink tabebuia

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

ellbell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ella
I am so sorry for your loss :( :hug8:
Losing a pet is so awful :sad11:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a sweet baby he was...I'm just so sorry for your loss!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m very sorry for your loss :sadhug:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry for your loss. I understand how you feel losing that special bird. It's really hard. So so sorry.

Stwolf

Real Name
Anthony
I am doing this for myself as i had been holding back and being the strong one in the family as a dad.
Mickey passed on today (conjunctivitis) after waiting for me to wake up, he gathered his last strength to walk, climb the bed to approach me & died on my chest less than a minute later. (like those in Hollywood movies)
He would be 5 years old this july.
We adopted him since he was a month old, an ugly duckling nobody wanted.
us & our 3 kids always wonder why Mickey like me so much. he would always try his hardest to get to me wherever i am. even when i was sleeping ( i move a lot when i sleep, so he was very patient abt that )

he was always the friendliest to us and never bit any of us. in short, he was really a good boy.
i am typing this alone and now i can cry after kids are asleep. dammit this is too painful for me to continue.
we had another tiel who was close to me & he passed few years back

i am not getting any pet close to me ever again, just let my wife & daughter do what they do. i'm not cut out for this ****
this post will be a reminder for me
i am getting a big pot for him today, we plant pink flowers T_T
UPDATE: Left to Right - Blue Daze, Pink Trumpet, Rosemary ( representing our 3 children )
not quite sure about planting this is my first time, feel free to give advice (browsing can only get you so far)
Also we plan to clone him when it is available for birds (now it states only cats & dogs)

Attachments