• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My cockatiel is destroying its tail feathers!

Whats wrong with my tiel?

• Over-preening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Illness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Help with my cockatiel she is a lutino estimated age is 12-18 months old and she started the habit if absolutely recking her tail when i got her ive had her for a bout a year now and it keeps getting worse
Now all she has is one tail feather on her tail and we dont have any avian vets in my country ive done a ton of research and still cant find a solution she is also not acctive at all all she does is stay in her place we took her to a “avian vet” once the vet was horrid he couldnt even open her wings properly her poops look unhealthy and she has a problem with her right eye she hadnt waten anything wierd and she definitely is entertained i think its a habit of over-preening she does bathe daily and has lots of indictment i dont know what the problem is!!
can anyone here help

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella
What country do you live in? You could also see an online vet.

Mentioning people who might be able to help better: @sunnysmom @Tiel Feathers

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
What country do you live in? You could also see an online vet.

Mentioning people who might be able to help better: @sunnysmom @Tiel Feathers
I live in the middle east trust me ive looked there is a pet clinc thats called elite per clinc i might go to it the only bad review that its axpansive and The animals there look very well taken care for but they dont have an avian vet sadly but its worth a try?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How big is her cage? Does she have toys? What is her diet like?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Also can you post pics of her eyes and droppings?

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Her cage is
its 24x24x24 and she doesnt spend much time in it she is in the process of diet conversion but she refuses her pellets and veggies she has a ton of shredding toys and they are switched (she uses them alot)

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
I can show you her eye but the ver didnt give us anything he said “she is blind we cant do anything about it” when we were sure she wasnt he said “come back when the symptoms are worse” so big red flag again we dont have an avain her eye is usually closed but its open now for some reason here is a pic of her tail the last feather is broken but didnt fall off

Attachments

Tikitiel

Meeting neighbors
Forgot to add she wheezes very aloghtly whenever she is on my shoulder i hear her clearly she sleeps in a good position most of the time sorry i ddint show you a pic of her droppings all of them ones right now are dry