• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My cockatiel first had a seizure, and not she has an eye infection? WHYYY

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
This just happened today, my cockatiel has an eye infection. :(
What do I do?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She really needs a vet. I'm sorry that she's having all these health problems. Can you do an online vet consult if you can't get her to a vet in person.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
She is obviously ill and when a creature is ill their immune system is compromised. She is susceptible to anything without help from medication.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Your bird will not get better without vet help.
Please either find a way to convince your parents to be fair and take her to a vet or seriously consider and look into signing her over to someone who will help her.
I don’t say any of this to be mean or hurtful to you but keeping her from the medical attention she obviously needs and watching all the seizures and now eye problems happening is really not fair to her so if you can’t get her the medical help she needs I do honestly believe it is best to give her to a home where she will be taken to the vet for the help she is in need of to live a comfortable life.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
This cockatiel needs a vet ASAP NOW!!!!!!!
PLEASE

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I know your trying your best, but your bird really needs a vet. I hope you can convince your mom, and your bird will be okay. Is their another relative you can ask?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
When you go to the vet, pay close attention to everything he tells you. ASK HIM/HER ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE. Take a notebook with you to write down what he tells you!!!

triciakoontz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Trish Koontz
I am praying that little bird has a vet appointment today. She’s definitely suffering. Glad you are an advocate for her.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
I am praying that little bird has a vet appointment today. She’s definitely suffering. Glad you are an advocate for her.
Me too! Right now she hasn't gotten better, but I wouldn't say she's gotten worse either. She should be okay, I don't know when the earliest she can get to the vet is though, but ASAP!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don't know when the earliest she can get to the vet is though, but ASAP!
Be sure your mum tells the person on the phone that the bird has been having seizures. If you just book ¨an appointment¨ they might see that as non-urgent, if you say ¨it´s urgent, my bird is having seizures¨, they might be able to bump you up the queue a little.

BirbBrain

Walking the driveway
Be sure your mum tells the person on the phone that the bird has been having seizures. If you just book ¨an appointment¨ they might see that as non-urgent, if you say ¨it´s urgent, my bird is having seizures¨, they might be able to bump you up the queue a little.
Thanks for the tip! I'll tell her that.