• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Chirpie loves my phone!

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Do they all live in the one cage @Scorpi0 ? They're so beautiful, I love them!
Thanks! And yes they sure are!! :)

Yup, all of them are in the same cage. I only close the cage during night time. During the day, all doors are open and they are free to fly around the room. Lately they have all learned to navigate their way through the whole house and it worries me a little. I have to be extra careful when going in and out of the house now. Especially now that Chirpie will sometimes fly after me when I leave the room.

avian2023

Strolling the yard
They are not ALWAYS together, but a lot of times they like to be together. They are curious birds so when they see another one doing something that looks interesting, they will want to join in on the fun lol. I got all of them as babies and only a few months apart from eachother. So the age gap between the oldest and the youngest is 1 year.

Currently, its only 1 boy and 3 girls. I had another boy but the poor little guy died a few months ago. I might end up getting some more boys in the future.

What about you?
Awesome Thank you.. i have a pair (female and male) . i got them as 1. years old from local craigslist.. took a lot of time to convert them to pellets and all.. my situation is also the same.. i only close the gate at nights and till now they are limited to only one room and slowly exploring other rooms.. they are fully mature now ( i got them around 9-10 months back) fully fooling all the time its getting tough to catch up with them ;) .. but you are very kind and gentle from the video.. lately i was bit raising my voice and feel bad still they are very friendly :) . they chrip and make noises all the day and I am very afraid that neighbours may complain some day.. lets see whent that day comes..

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Awesome Thank you.. i have a pair (female and male) . i got them as 1. years old from local craigslist.. took a lot of time to convert them to pellets and all.. my situation is also the same.. i only close the gate at nights and till now they are limited to only one room and slowly exploring other rooms.. they are fully mature now ( i got them around 9-10 months back) fully fooling all the time its getting tough to catch up with them ;) .. but you are very kind and gentle from the video.. lately i was bit raising my voice and feel bad still they are very friendly :) . they chrip and make noises all the day and I am very afraid that neighbours may complain some day.. lets see whent that day comes..
I doubt any of your neighbors will complain. Budgie sounds are high-pitched and probably wont go through the walls. Besides, everyone loves budgie sounds. :yes:

Have you finally decided that you will be keeping them?

avian2023

Strolling the yard
I doubt any of your neighbors will complain. Budgie sounds are high-pitched and probably wont go through the walls. Besides, everyone loves budgie sounds. :yes:

Have you finally decided that you will be keeping them?
looks that way .. yes i am planning to keep them as of now :) .. lets see you never know. I am seriously concerned of their sounds.. i live in apartment and i can hear their sound till downstairs. I believe my neighbors are very kind.. i cant control parakeets (dont want to ) just wanted them to fly around and have fun.. but my male is very persistent and makes sounds all the time.. he wants to be keep flying all day long given the chance but the female wont cooperate and he wont stop making sounds until she joins.. and then its like a small chopper flying around in a good pace ;)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Thanks! And yes they sure are!! :)

Yup, all of them are in the same cage. I only close the cage during night time. During the day, all doors are open and they are free to fly around the room. Lately they have all learned to navigate their way through the whole house and it worries me a little. I have to be extra careful when going in and out of the house now. Especially now that Chirpie will sometimes fly after me when I leave the room.
Yes, Fergus and Fiona have full flight of the house all day also, with their cage closed at bedtime, and Mommy singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. :goodnight2:
I have always worried about the bathrooms and open toilets - even though mine have never so far in 6 years flown into either bathroom. There could always be that first time and I still worry. I've had a few scares with them, but the scariest was Fergus flying behind the stove the first year he was here. OH my! I just hope neither ever flies into my junk room! Mercy!

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
Seems like our little dude wanted to try something new to eat today. He flew to the table while my wife and I were eating. He stared at us for a few minutes, and then decided to jump into the plate :lol:

IMG_3875.jpeg

avian2023

Strolling the yard
wow such a confidence and friendliness. is he from new flock or old..

Scorpi0

Jogging around the block
wow such a confidence and friendliness. is he from new flock or old..
Chirpie is our first bird. He is the closest and the most comfortable with us. Always wants to know what we are up to and he will fly to us just to hang out.
Here he is back in March 2021 when we first got him

IMG_3879.png

avian2023

Strolling the yard
awesome thank you very much for sharing.. felt very happy ..