• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Cheeky Conure's cheeky night ritual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taigas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Donald
Every night my little guy follows a strict regiment of a pre-nap in preparation of bed time.
The fun part is that he decided this regiment himself, and if it is broken he will throw a fit.
About 3 hours before I go to bed, he will want out of his cage. Upon leaving his cage he burrows
next to my neck or under my shirt and takes his pre-nap warm up till I am ready to go to bed.
If I forget to cover the cage, he will just stare at me and make a ruckus till I give in and cover the
cage as he wishes. He resumes to chatter contently then sleep, which is understandable, because the
pre-nap warm up has tired the poor guy out. :p

Any of y'all's conures follow some sort of pre-bed ritual that you find cute?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I don't have a conure, but your little guy sounds absolutely adorable.! and smart!

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
That is a hoot!!! My sun's pre bed time ritual is to yell her lungs off till she is covered for bedtime---then you hear a very reluctant soft sound of acquiescence.

acortese86

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Amanda
My sun doesnt really have a ritual, but she does take the nap before her bedtime. She usually crawls in her hut around 7, sleeps for a little bit, comes out if we are around then goes back to sleep. When she goes back to sleep she usually lays in her hut, on her back (thats how she sleeps) and talks to herself for about a half hour. My husband and I think she is just on the phone with her girlfriend before bed, they chat up a storm together! Then she stops and goes to sleep.

Suchabetty

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jamie
Ill let you know after i bring my new Faby home tomorrow :) Betty always goes in her cage and straight to the ni-night Perch where she fluffs up and gives me the " Ok im ready for bed now" Look!!

AmberMuffinz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Neelix doesn't have any that I can recall... But when I try to put him in his cage for bed he bites me :rolleyes: When he's covered he always starts talking up a storm. I'll tell him "Go to bed Neeners" "Goodnight Neelix" etc. Sometimes I'll say words I know he knows (his favorite is "c'mere!") so that he says them back. I love his little chatter sessions, it's so cute. In the morning the moment he hears me he starts talking and chirping to get me to wake him up too.

Taigas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Donald
Ah mine is the complete opposite. When I wake up, I go my college class. When I finally get back I will remove the cover and he stares at me like, "What have you done!?" and hides back into his little fuzzy hut. I'll get the food, shake it so that he can hear the seeds and other tasty bits shake around and he'll dart out of his hut with a quickness and is ready to chow down. The bird is after my own heart with his love for food. :p

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:What a cutie! One of my suns, Bubba, likes to cuddle inside my shirt for a few minutes before going into her hut.:rolleyes:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Sounds very sweet! :D

Mine don't really have one, either. They are grumpy if they are not in bed at the same time every night though. :huh:

falsk

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
My green-cheek doesn't have a pre-bed ritual, but I'll put her in her sleep crate around 11 every night and no matter how tired she was before hand--even if she was already dozing--she chatters and calls and whistles and makes quite a lot of noise before finally going to sleep. Usually this is fine cause I don't go to sleep until much later, but if I try and go to bed at the same time as her I have to listen to all that ruckus. Silly boid.

SamatranTiger

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
My Red Throated Conure's Nightly ritual (from his perspective) is as follows:

1. Bedtime commences at 6:30pm
2. The sight of the cage cover for the budgie starts my nightly ritual
3. Eat and growl (simultaneously) while waiting for the budgie to be covered
4. Casually climb down to the bottom of my cage and wait for my blanket to be taken out of the storage bin
5. Pace back and forth when I see my blanket
6. Charge up to my platform where I sleep with my blanket
7. Fix my blanket
8. Make sure my thermo perch is on by rubbing my beak up against it
9. Get comfy while my cage is covered
10. Lights out
11. DON'T DISTURB ME NOW.

He is not kidding with the don't disturb...at this point I cannot even say a word without him screaming at me to be quiet and let him sleep!

Kody
phphprnZlPM.jpg

Last edited:

bellas momma

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maranda
My bella has to watch me put her cover on her night cage and put in her nighttime toy. Then she has to tell everyone nite nite and they have to tell her or she will scream at them til they do. Then I have to give her a head rub while she talks away saying nite nite sleepy baby. Once in her cage she has to check it all out before i cover the front or she yells. Then once covered she rings her bell throws her ball and chatters away to her self for a bit. If we make to much noise during this time she tells us to hush and get out.. :eek::lol:

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Kody's little red 'bandanna' is the cutest thing ever. :heart:

Lior bedtime ritual is just to cuddle on my shoulder while I put everyone else to bed. She crawls under my hair and preens me and makes herself comfy and HOPES that I forget she's there so that she can sleep on me instead of in her cage. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.