• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

my casco-Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinvijay

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
vijay
Hi
I am in kuwait having casco Robin past 1 year . Until last week it was ok , droppings normal , eating normal and talking ok.
last week i observed him sleeping more and eating less , vet gave deworming , stool test was ok , lactobacillus paste was given 5 days . now since yesterday i noticed some fresh blood stains in stool but not all droppings its infrequent , not much either . regurgitating more now , almost throws out what he eat in one hour last night and tonight . i am taking him tomorrow morning to vet again its royal animal hospital -a good one . advice me if i can do anything now . he was on mixed diet all through past 1 year -pallets n seeds .

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
So sorry this is happening. See the vet again.
Good luck.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
You can put him in a hospital cage, all perches and food down low so that he doesn't have to use much energy. Tent 3 sides and the top and either put a heating pad on low under one half of the cage or shine a light on the tent NOT THE BIRD, from about 1 meter away. If he starts to fade you can put a drop of corn syrup in his mouth to keep is sugar up. Blood in the stool is not good, what color is it? Is it bright or dark?

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hug8:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Is it blood in stool or is there possibly anything he ate that was red?

Any possibility he consumed something he shouldn't have and is causing him to lose appetite (obstructing food from passing through?) and cutting up the insides of him?

Unfortunately, we're not vets so what advice we may have may be worthless or potentially even damaging to your bird. We don't know what's wrong with him. Sorry!

Hope your able to figure out whats wrong and he can heal!

Status
Not open for further replies.