• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My caique parrot never stops making noise :/

osmalann

Moving in
Real Name
osman alan
My caique parrot is currently 4 months old. He can eat pellets and fruit. I hand-feed him twice a day. When we are home, even if he is full, he still wants to eat. If I feed him whenever he asks, he vomits. I currently give him 15cc in the morning and evening, but we can't stop his screaming. When I'm not at home, I leave a mixed fruit bowl and mixed pellets and go to work. He usually loves apples and nibbles on the pellets. But from six in the morning until nine at night, he almost never stops making noise. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this? I would really appreciate any advice.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
If I feed him whenever he asks, he vomits. I currently give him 15cc in the morning and evening
How much does your bird weigh on an empty crop?
Feed just 10%. It will encourage him to go off after the hand feeding and eat the adult foods more.

@Laurie @Irishj9 @CrazyKozmo

osmalann

Moving in
Real Name
osman alan
How much does your bird weigh on an empty crop?
Feed just 10%. It will encourage him to go off after the hand feeding and eat the adult foods more.

@Laurie @Irishj9 @CrazyKozmo

Hello,

In the morning, my caique parrot weighs 150 grams on an empty stomach. I believe I am feeding him the right amount, but I might be wrong. I need your opinions. Thank you for your attention.

Additionally, when we leave the room, he angrily eats his food reluctantly. When we come back, he screams for half an hour, eats very little of his food, and then starts crying again. He never stops screaming and always wants more food. :(

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
my caique parrot weighs 150 grams on an empty stomach
Ah ok, then 15 is right.

Hopefully some members with caique chick experience can help when they are online.

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
Ok thats not screaming in the video. Screaming is when the neighbours call the police because someone is being murdered by an axe next door.

your finger is on his food dish. Do you want to lose it?. ALL caiques are highly food protective

STUFF THAT BIRD WITH FOOD. Leave loads of it about - To a caique, food = love and security

Any vomiting is a medical issue and needs attention

osmalann

Moving in
Real Name
osman alan
The problem has been resolved. After two veterinarians said there was no issue, I went to a third one. Our bird was diagnosed with internal parasites and a digestive fungus. After three days of medication, he gained 10 grams. Now, he no longer screams and, if he does, he goes to eat his food and then starts chirping happily. According to the veterinarian, he was unable to digest properly, which made him want to eat constantly, consuming only liquids and fruits. I am new to the forum and don’t know how to mark this problem as solved. Thank you to everyone who showed concern.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I am so glad you got a third opinion and they were able to get to the bottom of it! This is wonderful news :)

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Hand fed babies are very prone to yeast overgrowth. Crop yeast overgrowth they often regurge or vomit . Super glad you sought veterinarian care and treatment.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh poor little one. So glad you got another opinion and that he's on the road to recovery.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@osmalann I really think you should send in an email to the first two vets and update them of what has happened. If they truly care for their animal patients they would want to know they made a mistake and that luckily your bird is now recovering. It could help them get a better understanding of it.

Also, I would be saving the contact info of the third for any future vet visits :tup:

osmalann

Moving in
Real Name
osman alan
@osmalann Bence ilk iki veterinere bir e-posta gönderip olan biteni onlara bildirmelisin. Hayvan hastalarını gerçekten önemsiyorlarsa hata yaptıklarını ve şans eseri kuşunuzun artık iyileştiğini bilmek isterlerdi. Bu, durumu daha iyi anlamalarına yardımcı olabilir.

Ayrıca, gelecekteki veteriner ziyaretlerim için üçüncü kişinin iletişim bilgilerini kaydedeceğim.:tup:
[/ALINTI]
Hello, I live in Turkey, and unfortunately, animals are often seen as commercial opportunities here. There are very few veterinarians who specialize in exotic animals. I don't think they will take me seriously :) Thank you very much for your concern