• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My CAG, Brooklyn's, thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Brooklyn is a tiny little CAG hen that was found in someone's back yard. The people who found her did not want her & gave her to me. She is the sweetest parrot I have ever handled! She is my only fid that I can hand off to a complete stranger (even children!) & be assured that she will not bite them & may even give them a kiss! She spoke Spansih when we got her but has since replaced that with our dogs barking & such :lol:

The first week I had her, I got her vetted. She is DNA sexed a female & her blood panel came back fine except It showed a bit of an elevated tither for Aspergillus. However, it was not active in her system & the vet felt it not necessary to take any further steps.

She prefers my hubby, but has no problem with me :dance5:

Pics to follow...

Last edited:

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
She's a sweet little CAG. How amazing that she should land in someones back yard, you would think her owner would be frantically searching for her. I'm glad she ended up in a wonderful home though :hug8:

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Thanks so much! hehehe

I checked all over online, the newspaper, the area she was found...no fliers or lost ads. I had the vet scan her for a microchip & she didn't have one either.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
She is absolutely beautiful and sounds like it's not only on the outside. :D

B

Beatriz Cazeneuve

I would get a second opinion on the asper because I cannot figure out how your vet determined that it was not active in her system. Has anybody heard of this before? An 'inactive' fungal infection that requires no treatment? Because as far as I know, a fungal infection is a fungal infection and period. Especially when it's asper which is real tricky and hard to get rid of so I would be terribly worried that she has a huge aspergilloma somewhere growing and growing while I am doing nothing about it.

Mind you, I am not one to be medicating animals 'just in case' but you don't fool around with asper.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
She's so pretty! How long have you had her?

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
She is beautiful!!!! Love all the pics. You have a beautiful flock of birds!

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
I would get a second opinion on the asper because I cannot figure out how your vet determined that it was not active in her system. Has anybody heard of this before? An 'inactive' fungal infection that requires no treatment? Because as far as I know, a fungal infection is a fungal infection and period. Especially when it's asper which is real tricky and hard to get rid of so I would be terribly worried that she has a huge aspergilloma somewhere growing and growing while I am doing nothing about it.

Mind you, I am not one to be medicating animals 'just in case' but you don't fool around with asper.
I never thought about it that way. I thought that a low tither just meant that she had been exposed to it at one time or something, like with the psittacosis test. I'll have to call my vet up about this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
She is sooo pretty!! I love the Dr. Evil pic :hehe:

Jorg S.

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jorg S
She is so beautiful and lucky to have gotten you!
Your flock is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.