• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my budgie :)

Bri_:3

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Briana
I have had great progress with Kiwi, she can fly now and she is in the process of learning how to step up. We are training her and making sure she is safe. When we saw her on Sunday, she was flying all around and she seemed to love being in my hair. She kept on flying to the top of my head and then she would play with my hair. We finished getting everything for cage, all we have to do is get her food when we take her home. The employee said that she would show us her food and whatnot when it comes time to take her home. Kiwi is definitely getting bigger, she is now 6 weeks old and hopefully she will be home with us within the next month, but we are so happy to be welcoming such a sweet girl into our family circle. She loves me and my sister, in just 3 weeks she has bonded to me and flies to me when she sees me sitting waiting to see her. We don't know the official gender, but my mom is gonna pay for a DNA test to find out what her gender is. We are super excited and I will try and upload a picture. My mom has paid for most of her stuff and I am so grateful that we have the ability to do this. I need all of the advice I can get, so continue giving some advice, because I not only appreciate it, but I also NEED the advice and extra information. I think it would be helpful if someone (preferably a budgie owner) could give me some personal advice and things they have learned about this specific species of bird. I am sorry for such a long post, but I just really need to update on the situation because you all have helped me so much! I will continue to upload pictures and videos of Kiwi. I am beyond grateful for all of the help everyone has given me and the feedback is amazing!

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If she's 6 weeks old then she's a HE.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Aww The picture is the sweetest!
I love reading your updates, Kiwi is adorable ❤

If you want to post budgie related questions, you can start threads here: Budgie Boulevard | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum You will get a better response from other budgie owners :)

And yes, I was going to say, don´t waste money on a DNA test, it is not needed for budgies as they are sexually dimorphic.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Kiwi! :)
If you want to post budgie related questions, you can start threads here: Budgie Boulevard | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum You will get a better response from other budgie owners :)
That's definitely the place to go with your budgie questions, concerns, and anything else budgie you want to talk about...:yes3:

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Here is a chart so you can see the cere colors of both genders. My first suggestion is to line up an avian vet and usually it is best to take your bird there for a wellness check up within the first few months. Can you show us the cage she is in please. Also list the foods she is eating, including the human foods like greens and veggies. If you have any specific questions I will be happy to answer them.

Cere on budgies.jpg