• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie poop area is looking strange

Geethebudg

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Gee
Hi all, I have 3 budgies, my blue budgie Pixel, is acting and behaving normal, although his poop area looks strange and messy. Dropping seems to be normal, but just replaced paper today to make sure. Has anyone had this? Any advice you can help me on? I don't know if it is feel or male. I suspect she's readying to lay eggs :S Thanks
IMG_20201107_134158.jpg IMG_20201107_135140.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It's definitely possible that its egg bum.

That bronze jingle ball is unsafe for your birds btw. Both the metal and the style of bell are hazardous. I would remove it asap.

Geethebudg

Real Name
Gee
It's definitely possible that its egg bum.

That bronze jingle ball is unsafe for your birds btw. Both the metal and the style of bell are hazardous. I would remove it asap.
Hi Mizzley,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply and awesome advice. That's helpful to know. I've removed the swing with bronze bell. Pixel hasn't been exhibiting behaviours for egg preparation, nor we have a nest there. What should I be doing to help her? Is egg but a thing without laying an egg? Just wandering what is likely to happen next.

Thanks again

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Do you have a clear picture of your birds face in natural light, with that maybe @Ripshod can tell you their sex.

As for eggs, nest is irrelevant (but having one encourages laying).

I would offer a bath, and help her get cleaned up.

Geethebudg

Real Name
Gee
Hi Mizzley here is a picture of my bird cage, just incase I've added something that may not be safe,. Here is the link to the cage video I just took
again Gee
IMG_20201107_142144.jpg

Geethebudg

Real Name
Gee
Do you have a clear picture of your birds face in natural light, with that maybe @Ripshod can tell you their sex.

As for eggs, nest is irrelevant (but having one encourages laying).

I would offer a bath, and help her get cleaned up.
Thanks Zara,
Would this picture work help? I've put a bath in the cage, plus used warm mist spray bottle. Pixel is pruning also.
Learning as I go along, really appreciate the communities advice.
Thanks Gee

IMG_20201107_143408.jpg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Yes, she's female but she's too young to be producing eggs. The bath is a great move.
There's no poop there so she likely just has a dirty bum. We really should confirm so a photo of a few poops would help. What does she eat?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

Geethebudg

Real Name
Gee
Hi Zara,
So they eat varied diet of seeds, kale, apples, pears banana, and sweet corn. Mostly they're only interested in seeds. I try and mix it up every day. Trying to get them to eat more greens in the seed mix. IMG_20201107_145000__01.jpg
IMG_20201107_145055.jpg
IMG_20201107_145123__01.jpg IMG_20201107_145123__01.jpg

Geethebudg

Real Name
Gee
I've added some guardian angel supplement, for immune support.
Thanks
G
IMG_20201107_145654.jpg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Hi Zara,
So they eat varied diet of seeds, kale, apples, pears banana, and sweet corn. Mostly they're only interested in seeds. I try and mix it up every day. Trying to get them to eat more greens in the seed mix. View attachment 361058
View attachment 361059
View attachment 361060 View attachment 361061
Certainly looks good to me. Have you tried them with pellets? I ask because I spotted the light over the cage. Is it an avian lamp with uv? If you can get them eating pellets you can just use a normal led bulb in there and save yourself some pennies. You should hold back on the Guardian Angel too. Save that for if one of them ever gets sick. Their seed mix is supplemented.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Great sized cage by the way! I would go to the vet, as I had the same problem with my budgie that ended up being a bacterial infection, it was not spread to my other bird. They're adorable!

Geethebudg

Real Name
Gee
Certainly looks good to me. Have you tried them with pellets? I ask because I spotted the light over the cage. Is it an avian lamp with uv? If you can get them eating pellets you can just use a normal led bulb in there and save yourself some pennies. You should hold back on the Guardian Angel too. Save that for if one of them ever gets sick. Their seed mix is supplemented.
That's awesome advice, I'll look into pallet food. Thanks so much :) by the way Pixel, is doing amazing now. Love the support and advice I got on this forum and post. Many many thanks :) I'm adding a few pics. They're all enjoying sweetcorn!

Attachments