• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent my budgie keeps tail bobbing

oswin66

Moving in
Hello everyone my budgie keeps bobbing its tail about 3-4 days i am starting to get very worried. Can someone look at the videos and tell me if this is normal. I appreciate it so much:)

oswin66

Moving in
Someone told me that it might be because she is preparing to lay an egg. Can this be the cause? She never laid an egg. She is about 2 years old.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Someone told me that it might be because she is preparing to lay an egg. Can this be the cause? She never laid an egg. She is about 2 years old.
She's clearly struggling to breathe - time for the vet. Whether it's an egg or not makes no nevermind.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Is your bird a girl?
Does that look like an egg bump? It’s hard for me to tell because I don’t have budgies, but has your bird been hormonal and nesty? I think I a trip to the vet is in order. @Ripshod?

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
She is definitely having problems breathing, tail bobbing is a classic symptom. Particularly with a budgie it could be several other problems including egg laying.

oswin66

Moving in
It is a girl. I suspect that she may lay eggs. But other people said that nevertheless she is struggling to breathe. She isn't hormonal or nesting though. I will take her to the vet tomorrow.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden