• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie isn't a fan of toys

myalbinobirdy

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi! I recently adopted an albino 4 month old budgie. It's been about a week since the adoption, and she is already loving her home. She eats, sleeps, drinks very easily. She enjoys strutting around my bedroom and exploring. She even likes to cuddle! One thing I've noticed is that she isn't fond of her toys. I was wondering
if it is normal! And will she ever be interested in these toys? Thanks! :budgie5:

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I am "mom" to a budgie that was found where I work. Mine is not a baby. I have provided a variety of toys...shreddables,, small bells...After a few days he is exploring his toys...he likes his little bell toys, and items he can chew -mohagony pod slices and soft balsa slices so far.

And "Welcome" to the forum. :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Ask the same question again in about six months, when the bird is actually comfortable and at home. Wait no I don't work.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
What kind of toys does your little one have? It can take a long time for them to play. Try playing with them yourself in front of the budgie.

PoukieBear

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
Your new bird is still getting used to his new home. He will start exploring soon, just be patient. Toys that have bells are always a favourite here, and of course anything shreddable too! Even if it's just a balled up piece of paper, it's still fun to shred and make a mess. You can also tuck a few treats in the ball of paper and make it into a foraging toy.

myalbinobirdy

Checking out the neighborhood
Thank you all for the kind responses. I appreciate the warm welcomes and information! My baby has a foraging feathered toy, a swing set (that she loves), bells tied to her cage, and beaded loops.