• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie is licking everything

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Do you have his seeds available too? Is he eating enough? It’s a good idea to weigh birds during any diet changes. Also, make sure any metals he has access too aren’t toxic.

chigen123

Strolling the yard
Do you have his seeds available too? Is he eating enough? It’s a good idea to weigh birds during any diet changes. Also, make sure any metals he has access too aren’t toxic.
I’ll make sure to weigh him. And thank you for telling me about the metals! I almost forgot that was a possibility! You guys are amazing. Thank you so much!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Did the vet examine your budgie? Run any teat? Suggest at least a gram stain of crop to check for bacteria and yeast.

minkylory

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Nel
poor baby.. definitely give him the seed back, its better if he eats something. wouldnt want him to deteriorate any further.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Supposed to be run any test?

chigen123

Strolling the yard
Did the vet examine your budgie? Run any teat? Suggest at least a gram stain of crop to check for bacteria and yeast.
We had consulted an online vet as my family was on quarantine at the time, and they did not recommend anything beyond the pellet mix. However, I do think I should tell them how everything is going and see what they have to say.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
If you still have concerns about your budgies health it is best to have an avian vet to an in person examination.

chigen123

Strolling the yard
If you still have concerns about your budgies health it is best to have an avian vet to an in person examination.
Thank you very much. He’s been doing better since I sent this but if anything comes up I will take him to be examined.