• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my budgie is acting different, im worried!

moormaki

Moving in
Real Name
ash
Hi all,
recently i've noticed some odd behaviours from omori, and i'm a bit worried.
I will look at booking vet appointments as he needs one for a checkup anyway, however im a bit confused with whats happening.
Whenever he flies around he always goes down, and ends up crashing onto the cage or onto a couch etc. and never flies upwards like he normally does, and lots of larger feathers fall out when he flies too.
His feathers look different than normal, and his feathers arent really puffed up. It has been quite hot recently (like 28-32 C) and i have been offering baths and turning on a fan while he's in his cage and ac for cold air, however it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. He doesn't really bathe for very long than he usually does.
Although, he has been pretty normal, like talking and chirping lots. He has been saying a LOT of english words too, and is preening himself normally, however i'm just a bit worried.
Is it just because of the heat, or am i just overthinking?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you share a pic to show the feathers you say look different? And also the feathers you say are falling out of him while he is flying.

Does your bird have plenty of places up higher to land on while flying around?

Is your bird possibly clipped?
Or, has your bird possibly not previously had the chance to build up flying strength and it is unaware of his own flying limits?

I really would like to see a few clear pics of your bird from behind and side on.

moormaki

Moving in
Real Name
ash
Can you share a pic to show the feathers you say look different? And also the feathers you say are falling out of him while he is flying.

Does your bird have plenty of places up higher to land on while flying around?

Is your bird possibly clipped?
Or, has your bird possibly not previously had the chance to build up flying strength and it is unaware of his own flying limits?

I really would like to see a few clear pics of your bird from behind and side on.
omori has never been clipped, and flies around daily, has a flight cage and has never really had a struggle with it except for when we first got him as he was quite young, so thats why i'm concerned. he has places to land higher up, however he seems to generally fly downwards?
I could just be overreacting with the feathers looking different because i tend to stress out, however theres quite a few large feathers falling out when he flies around, and i don't think he is molting yet. I might just be overthinking it, but something feels a bit off about his face feathers to me. All of the feathers in the bag are from him flying around for a small while. IMG_3188[1].jpg IMG_3181[1].jpg IMG_3184[1].jpg IMG_3185[1].jpg IMG_3180[1].jpg