• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Budgie (I need help :(

Bri_:3

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Briana
Hi everyone! I know it has been a while! I am really worried about my 5 month old budgie... this morning he seemed to throw up, but it was like seeds coated in saliva or a weird discolored liquid. If it gets worse we are going to see a vet, but I don't know if this is even throw up because it looks like seeds HELP

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Briana, I'm sorry your budgie isn't feeling well. It may be best to put in a call to the avian vet first thing this morning to let them know what you're seeing. You really don't want to wait until it gets worse before making that first call. Better to plan for an appointment during the day than to have an after hours emergency.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Briana
I am not able to call at the moment because I am at school, but I will see if my mom can call for me
Hi Briana, I'm sorry your budgie isn't feeling well. It may be best to put in a call to the avian vet first thing this morning to let them know what you're seeing. You really don't want to wait until it gets worse before making that first call. Better to plan for an appointment during the day than to have an after hours emergency.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
A bird vomiting should see a vet (and they do vomit up seeds). Birds also regurgitate. Did you see him do it. Regurgitating is like forcing something up their throat. It looks pretty controlled. Vomiting is more head shaking with seeds flying everywhere. Regurgitating is not a cause of concern. Vomiting is.

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Briana
A bird vomiting should see a vet (and they do vomit up seeds). Birds also regurgitate. Did you see him do it. Regurgitating is like forcing something up their throat. It looks pretty controlled. Vomiting is more head shaking with seeds flying everywhere. Regurgitating is not a cause of concern. Vomiting is.
After doing more research and emailing a veterinary office, they said it could be either and just to keep a close eye on it

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne