• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie doesn't feel well what do I do!

budgie Sky

Meeting neighbors
My budgie seems to be vomiting what should I do. I don't know how it happens but he look like you going to throw up and then he was chewing something. He did it multiples of time in a few days

DinoStormy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emma
Go to an avian vet now, he could be losing weight or have something stuck in his throat. Do you have a video?

DinoStormy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emma
It doesn't sound like he's regurgitating or adjusting his crop, it sounds quite dangerous.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you get a video of it and post it? Are you familiar with birds regurgitating? Is it possibly regurgitation your bird is doing?

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Go to an avian vet now, he could be losing weight or have something stuck in his throat. Do you have a video?
It doesn't sound like he's regurgitating or adjusting his crop, it sounds quite dangerous.
It kind of does sound very much like regurgitation to me... he looked like he was going to throw up and then he was chewing on something. To me this sounds more like regurgitation than vomit... vomit there is stuff sent everywhere not just into the beak to be re eaten. I guess a better description or a video would be helpful.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
My budgie seems to be vomiting what should I do. I don't know how it happens but he look like you going to throw up and then he was chewing something. He did it multiples of time in a few days
Can you describe this situation any clearer?
Did anything come out of your bird or was it all contained and re eaten?
Was the “vomit” action up and down or side to side?

budgie Sky

Meeting neighbors
Now he is resting so I didn't see any vomit now if he starts again I will post a video

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does it look like this? This is regurgitation.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh. I saw this with Mickey once and I almost rushed him to the emergency avian vet. That would've been a big waste of $500. And yes, the avian vet here, charges $500 for emergencies, just to check. Treatment is extra :unsure1:
When I first brought my budgie boys home, I had never owned birds. I saw them napping one afternoon with their heads turned backwards and their faces tucked under their wings, and I thought something was horribly wrong! Lol! Luckily, Dr. Google saved me a trip to the vet :)

budgie Sky

Meeting neighbors
I look online that this is a symptom of vomiting and I saw him throwing what should I do

budgie Sky

Meeting neighbors
Today I saw him throw up last time it was regurgitation but today he actually throws up what should I do and how did it happen

Attachments

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
Are you sure it's vomit and not regurgitation? They can look very similar. Regurgitated food has a mushy look to it and usually happens when a bird is showing mating behaviors. If it's vomit, it should be more liquid-y than solid and your bird will display other symptoms of sickness like tiredness and fluffed up feathers, loss of appetite and not acting like their usual self. If you are sure that it is vomit, than I would recommend that you contact your vet. Your bird should not be vomiting. However, regurgitation is normal and should not be encouraged.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If it's just the once then it's likely he just gorged himself. If it starts happening regularly the he needs to see an avian vet.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If it's a regular thing he needs to see a vet.

@Moderating can the other thread be merged?

budgie Sky

Meeting neighbors
you can see his food below the beak and his feathers have a lot of his food I look online and has a lot of symptoms similar

Attachments

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Have you seen him vomit more than once?