• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie cannot fly

Rio&Friend

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle Kevina A/P Manimaran
I don't know what happened to the yellow bird but one day when I'm away suddenly I saw blue colour's feather fall. Then the next day the yellow bird can't fly really high. He is a great flying bird compare to all the birds but suddenly this happened..
Can anyone please give me the way to cure and what is the cause please ..... IMG_20211103_110911.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How is he acting otherwise? Eating? Are his droppings normal? Can he move his wings ok?

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Losing tail feathers like that will suddenly change the level of flight control he has. This can seriously affect their confidence too, so maybe he just feels unsafe?

Rio&Friend

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
How is he acting otherwise? Eating? Are his droppings normal? Can he move his wings ok?
He's acting normal, eating normally and his droppings is so small better than last time, and if he fly he will fall down but he can move his wings but he can't fly....

soundsfun

Walking the driveway
I can’t see clearly in the photo but it doesn’t look like he has a full set of flight feathers - were those the feathers that fell off?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I agree with the above post. I can only see one flight feather on this side - not enough for flight.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
That's a lot of flights to lose together. Has he had an injury to the wing? Is the left wing the same? How many feathers has he dropped?
There I was thinking the problem was the tail. D'oh!

Rio&Friend

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
I can’t see clearly in the photo but it doesn’t look like he has a full set of flight feathers - were those the feathers that fell off?
Yes, 2 flight feathers fell off

Rio&Friend

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
That's a lot of flights to lose together. Has he had an injury to the wing? Is the left wing the same? How many feathers has he dropped?
There I was thinking the problem was the tail. D'oh!
Yes, he had blood suddenly on his left wings. The left wing is not same as the right wing. He dropped 2 feathers