• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My boy took a tumble.

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
I take my bird in the shower and he was sitting on my finger when he got startled and fell straight onto the edge of my granite bar where I hold all my soaps. I checked him to make sure he was ok, and since he was wet it was hard to tell. Right now he is sitting on my desk, and I am trying to get him to dry off. He is shaking while he breathes. If anyone could help me dry him off faster or with anything else, that would be appreciated . image.jpg

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that your bird fell. He was probably stressed by the fall. I assume you are monitoring him and since this was posted @ 2 hours ago I assume that he is dry now. You can use a soft towel to dry off your bird.
How is he doing?

IRNluv

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Olivia
My daughter uses a pet hair dryer on her bird, Sweetie. It blows warm air but not hot and its a little more quiet. She likes to feel the air blowing up her butt for some reason.

I hope your bird is feeling better and wasn't hurt.

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
Sorry that your bird fell. He was probably stressed by the fall. I assume you are monitoring him and since this was posted @ 2 hours ago I assume that he is dry now. You can use a soft towel to dry off your bird.
How is he doing?
Great. I checked him in the morning. No sign of blood or anything off. :angel3: But that was the hardest fall he’s ever taken.