• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My birds trained me xD

_Lara _

Meeting neighbors
I have two tame female (DNA Tested)lovies. I trained them and we have a special bond. Janis, had a small obsession with the curtain (humping etc)over the summer while jim decided that she wants babies with me. To monitor this behaviour (this was their first hormonal time ever) i hung out with them for approximately 5 hrs everyday while they flew. Janis usually screamed at jim to come over to her newly found Curtain area because she didnt want to leave it alone, meanwhile jim screamed at her to come play on the playground. These screamings used to go on for minutes because neither side would budge and give in. Everytime this happened i would come to their room to calm them down and ease things. I live in an apartment complex and loud screaming for minutes is a little bit too much. Its not even normal parrot scream... it sounds like they are being tortured with medieval devices, i havent hear this scream outside of this context. I understand that parrots per nature scream and i dont punish for natural behaviours. But this is insane, they are 3 meters away from each other and both wants the other one to comply.
This way they trained me to come play with them everytime they scream loudly. They dont stop untill i come and play with them... its becoming really tiring lately and im scared that the neighbors will complain. To prevent this i give in and do what they want. Sometimes they dont even wanna play, i sit on the couch in their room while they fly and play and as soon as i leave a scream matcb starts...
Can anyone help?

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Are your birds in the main room of the apartment (living room)?
I find that as long as my birds can see me they are okay. Sometimes hearing my voice settles them if they can't physically see me.
Do you have a radio or television on for them when you're busy elsewhere?
Do you have a playstand they can be on together?

_Lara _

Meeting neighbors
Are your birds in the main room of the apartment (living room)?
I find that as long as my birds can see me they are okay. Sometimes hearing my voice settles them if they can't physically see me.
Do you have a radio or television on for them when you're busy elsewhere?
Do you have a playstand they can be on together?
No they have their own room. I could definately arrange a radio or sth for them but they usually get louder with the tv. They have many stands and wall perches as well as a playground. They can be together they are just stubborn...

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I have two tame female (DNA Tested)lovies. I trained them and we have a special bond. Janis, had a small obsession with the curtain (humping etc)over the summer while jim decided that she wants babies with me. To monitor this behaviour (this was their first hormonal time ever) i hung out with them for approximately 5 hrs everyday while they flew. Janis usually screamed at jim to come over to her newly found Curtain area because she didnt want to leave it alone, meanwhile jim screamed at her to come play on the playground. These screamings used to go on for minutes because neither side would budge and give in. Everytime this happened i would come to their room to calm them down and ease things. I live in an apartment complex and loud screaming for minutes is a little bit too much. Its not even normal parrot scream... it sounds like they are being tortured with medieval devices, i havent hear this scream outside of this context. I understand that parrots per nature scream and i dont punish for natural behaviours. But this is insane, they are 3 meters away from each other and both wants the other one to comply.
This way they trained me to come play with them everytime they scream loudly. They dont stop untill i come and play with them... its becoming really tiring lately and im scared that the neighbors will complain. To prevent this i give in and do what they want. Sometimes they dont even wanna play, i sit on the couch in their room while they fly and play and as soon as i leave a scream matcb starts...
Can anyone help?
Are they periods when they are quiet ?
I don’t go in the room when they are being noisy I go in on purpose when they are quiet to let them out maybe try starting to go in when they are quiet give them lds of fuss and treats always go in when they are quiet see if you can train them u only go in when they aren’t screaming

they are smart little things clicked on quick so hopefully they click on quick to quiet means u are there noisy means no u
Good luck