• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my birds poop is red, and thier feathers are looking unhealthy

ok12

Moving in
Hello! when i got back home i took my bird outside of my bird, after a while he pooped and i saw that the poop was red! i cant go to the vet because my parents are on vacation and are out of the country untill last week so i cant take him to the vet right now. i also realized today after looking at older pictures that his feathers look way worse than they used to. im starting to think im doing a bad job at keeping a parrot. any idea why this is happening? there are no signs of him being in discomfort or acting unusually. he is eating the same amount of food he eats and drinks. one thing that was odd that he pooped twice, and on me! he never poops on me even if he really needs to, he would usually go to a high up place and poop from there. im going to attach a picture of his poop and feather transformation. im kinda scared to be honest

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
What's his diet like? How old is he and how long have you had him?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Did he eat anything red? Are all his droppings like that?

ok12

Moving in
What's his diet like? How old is he and how long have you had him?
ive had him for about three and a half years now, his diet is usually pellets, and somtimes i bring in veggies. as a treat he like apples and walnuts.

edit: the pellets are the colored pellets, my dad doesnt want to buy the grey more healthier kind because he says that "he is already used to them"

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
ive had him for about three and a half years now, his diet is usually pellets, and somtimes i bring in veggies. as a treat he like apples and walnuts.

edit: the pellets are the colored pellets, my dad doesnt want to buy the grey more healthier kind because he says that "he is already used to them"
The dyed pellets also dye their poop ;)