• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My birds eye is looking a weird color should I go to a vet

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
i noticed my gcc has a weird pinkish grey color around her eye. She has also been making slightly different noises at night, slightly more squeaky and/or whistly then normal. I have a picture below, is this color normal? It’s slightly darker then it is in the pic Bc lighting.

Attachments

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
Edit: I’m unsure if I just didn’t notice the coloring for some reason until now or if it’s a new development. which is mainly why im asking since if it’s normal I probably just never noticed.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Does the other eye look the same? Is Ashe rubbing it on anything and when was her last checkup?

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
Does the other eye look the same? Is Ashe rubbing it on anything and when was her last checkup?
Yeah both eyes look the same. She’s due for a yearly one in about a month. she also after a bath rubs her face on me my shirt or a towel if she manages while I'm drying my hands.

Last edited:

SkytheGcc

Strolling the yard
Yeah both eyes look the same. She’s due for a yearly checkup in about a month. she also after a bath rubs her face on me my shirt or a towel if she manages while I'm drying my hands.