• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My birds diet and feeding routine, ready for a change?

vasko

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vojin
Hi. I keep 2 canaries, a budgie, a goldfinch and an eurasian siskin together in a big flight cage.
They have 4 food bowls and 2 water feeders. I feed them and give them fresh water every second day. I refill the food bowls with seeds and I give them greens, flowers, fruits, vegetables on the branches using clothespin, or I dice it and put it on a feeding platform where the bowls are. Two days pass and it's time for their next feeding, all of the food is gone, some pieces are on the ground, though there are some leftover seeds in the bowls. (I give them food in different spots because I want to avoid food aggression)

Today I gave them a mixture of millet, canary mix and sunflower (I used to give them nyjer too but they didn't quite like it) in the bowls. I hanged 4 young leaves of cauliflower on the branches, I diced 3 slices of zucchini with a handful of carrot peels and put that on the feeding platform. I am planning on giving them sprouted seeds, never tried that before, and I don't know when and how much of it to feed them.

So this raises the questions:
Do I overfeed my birds/is this diet enough for them? Should I feed them seeds every day? Should I change my birds feeding routine? Is there a need to put spray millet in the cage if I already gave them millet seeds? What should I change in their diet? Is there a better way to give them all of this food?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry, but I didn't quite understand your reply
The reply makes your post go back the the top of the feed as no one replied.
It gives members who may have missed it and might be able to offer advice the chance to see it again.