• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My birds are starting to build a trust bond with me!

Quailer2

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mathis Michel
As I mentioned in most of my threads I have two zebra finches named Fluffy and Flower.
For a few months they were as fearful as they could be but now, they are starting to trust me.
My my dad is working he always puts the cage in a small part of the living room so he can work in peace. So when he finishes working we have to take the cage out.
Usually the birds go at the bottom of the cage but now, they are ok sitting on the highest place of the cage.
Another example is that my female finch, Flower always goes on the food bowl when I refill it even when it isn't fully inserted in the cage.
And soon I am going to tame my so-called untamable birds with a tutorial from a bird owner who's channel is called Leporello The Goldfinch - Birdtaming tips & tricks.

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
That is great news! It sounds as though you are making excellent progress! :D

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
We rescued a female baby house finch from a crow and hand fed her till she grew up. She imprinted and bonded to us so we got her a house and kept her. She played with her toys, sang the song of her people, and would steal our food and drink and land on us to hang out and nibble on my eyebrows leaning over my hat. She'd fall asleep on my mouse hand while I surfed.
You can do it with enough patience and love. There is a member here that used to raise tame very large finches but she hasn't been active lately.

Quailer2

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mathis Michel
We rescued a female baby house finch from a crow and hand fed her till she grew up. She imprinted and bonded to us so we got her a house and kept her. She played with her toys, sang the song of her people, and would steal our food and drink and land on us to hang out and nibble on my eyebrows leaning over my hat. She'd fall asleep on my mouse hand while I surfed.
You can do it with enough patience and love. There is a member here that used to raise tame very large finches but she hasn't been active lately.
Oh, i've heard about animal rescues but I never did one(probably a good thing)

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
It is amazing to form a bond with a bird, this is great news!