• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My birds are out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jally

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sherry
I don't know what is going on or what I am doing wrong, but my 2 lovebirds are out of control lately. Peanut is biting me for no reason that I can find. Oreo is destroying our house one area at a time.

I'm trying different things, different diet, different toys to see if it is hormonal. But, Oreo's problem *sigh* short of moving all my furniture out and living in a glass house, I don't know what to do! Oreo has all the toys he could have. Every single form of toy known to man, he has. He has/had small wooden toys, big wooden toys, small wooden foot toys, big wooden foot toys...but still, he prefers my kitchen cupboards. :blink:

I am trying one more thing...I am going to have my hubby sneak over to our neighbors tree and get a few branches for him to gnaw on. I don't have lovebirds, I have a paranhia (sp?) and a beaver. :huh:

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
I would try paper... just take some construction paper and fan fold it and attach it to the cage with a sping loaded clothes pin... it keeps the lovies a tthe rescue very busy.

Marlene

Welcome to the neighborhood!
Real Name
Marlene
:hehe::hehe::hehe::hehe:
I know what you mean, I have 8 lovies!:eek:

You may not want to hear this, but you may have to clip them if you want them away from your cupboards.:o:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I don't know what is going on or what I am doing wrong, but my 2 lovebirds are out of control lately. Peanut is biting me for no reason that I can find. Oreo is destroying our house one area at a time.

I'm trying different things, different diet, different toys to see if it is hormonal. But, Oreo's problem *sigh* short of moving all my furniture out and living in a glass house, I don't know what to do! Oreo has all the toys he could have. Every single form of toy known to man, he has. He has/had small wooden toys, big wooden toys, small wooden foot toys, big wooden foot toys...but still, he prefers my kitchen cupboards. :blink:

I am trying one more thing...I am going to have my hubby sneak over to our neighbors tree and get a few branches for him to gnaw on. I don't have lovebirds, I have a paranhia (sp?) and a beaver. :huh:
You have a parrot. That's what they do. :D:hehe::hehe::hehe:

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
It is true that that's what parrots do. My birds do a number or annoying nutty things that drive me crazy but I love them and I understand that I signed up for life with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.