• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My birds are 2 of the 7 dwarves!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!!!! Okay I just needed to get that scream out of the way. :faint: I've only been home for 50 minutes and the fids are out getting their morning food and fun. It started out nice and easy too. I opened up the door and Piper hopped onto my chest and snuggled with me. :swoon: And Lafayette gets on my head to preen my hair since it's obviously a mess. :rolleyes: They get set up with food and it's now time for me to relax and enjoy a few chatpers while I wind down for bed. :reading: Of course today is the day that my pair are a right set of :devil:.

The first thing they do is find a cord by hopping over a few things and then start the climb down. I peer over when I hear the noise and there they are frozen with angelic looks on their faces. :angel3: Uh-huh, I know better! I put them back on the cage and they eat a bit of food before their minds start weighing that INTERESTING cord again. Hi-ho, hi-ho it's off to work we go! And away they go down the cord so I have to get up and retrieve them. Again. Repeat three times before I unplug the lamp and move it and put them on the window play stand. There! That fixed 'em! Nooo they were all:tease:. And then they promptly started the trek DOWN the curtains like a pair of dwarves. The moment I stood up they froze and gave me :oops: face. Like "Oh we aren't allowed here?" Back onto the play stand again! A few minutes later there they were again climbing down!

So by the end I was :bash: and then :idea:. I move them into the cage and fill up their foraging ball with goodies to attack. I can read now! Just five more pages and then:bathtime: and bed. But of course my pair are still :angel4: debating mischief. So instead of attacking the foraging toy with goodies they decide to have a good old fashioned ho down and tumble around :chipmunks: tearing all about the cage. :bash: I went to go get a :bathtime: hoping they'd settle. I come out and Piper is nicely attacking the foraging ball and getting at some nice apples. Lafayette? Oh no Lafayette is too busy doing this :elmo:. *face palm* So now I'm going to go have a :drinks: and hope my birds find whatever sanity they lost by the time I wake up tonight!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
HAHA they keep your on your toes..don't they?:DIt's nice to be loved by our feathered crew.:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what fun!!!!!! sounds like they are just out to torture you

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol,sounds like quite the crazy house. Gotta love those Greenies :hehe:

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Well just woke up and they're still crazy little buggers. Ah well, at least I'm fully awake while they're crawling all over me and trying to eat my hair, clothes, name tag, buttons and glasses. XD

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:rofl::rofl::rofl::omg:I can SO relate to that and I needed a good Laugh:lol:Thank You:D:hug8:

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
And just think, Kristin, they never grow out of it! Yeah! :huh:

Of course you never have to send to to college, either. Just another reason to love the birdies!

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
:lol:
Sounds like you had a busy morning!

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Here's hoping a peaceful night will turn them back into their sweet selves! I'm pretty sure if I come home to Lafayette doing the moonwalk on top of the cage while screeching as loud as he can I'm going to head desk. Ahhh so many joys with a pair of conures. So very many joys.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I hear you complaining. But I also hear you letting them out of the cage to get you. Admit it, you couldn't go on without them.:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.