• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My bird lost lots of weight

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)
1st poop looks lovely normal to me. Poops are a range of green and brown. The fecal matter would be a bright dark green if you where worried about AC or liver. The shape is perfect the urate are white and creamy which is normal. The white urate can be very webby or stringy with bacteria infection not seen here. There is no excess liquid around first poop. To me a perfectly normal poop.

Second poop I disregard as night morning poops can look weird...ok confused this is poop during day active?

Eating veggies great as long as are not limiting pellets. Do you offer some seeds? I would..

I do not like thst went from 91, to 84, to 82...82 seems light for a cockatiel ...

How old is he? How long have you had? How many weeks or months on pellets?
Anything else? Extra naps? Puff more often ? Sneezes? Activity?

Getting where I might recommend a vet check...if he is 81 tomorrow or less definitely call and get an appointment. Offer some millet will boost his calories
Firstly, I usually offer a bit of seeds but not to much because then he doesn't eat the pellets.
Secondly, I think the scale that i'm weighing her on is a bit broken because i weighed something else and it didn't weigh the same every time (Need to get a new one)
Thirdly, He is 6 months old in 3 days and have had him for 3 months
Fourthly, He has been on pellets for 2 months?
Lastly:
- He is acting the same as usual (still whistling and preening and adventurous)
- I found out this morning that he ate bits of my music book, so yes, acting the same :lol:
- Not extra naps
- Not extra puffing
- Only sneezes in the shower

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Firstly, I usually offer a bit of seeds but not to much because then he doesn't eat the pellets.
Secondly, I think the scale that i'm weighing her on is a bit broken because i weighed something else and it didn't weigh the same every time (Need to get a new one)
Thirdly, He is 6 months old in 3 days and have had him for 3 months
Fourthly, He has been on pellets for 2 months?
Lastly:
- He is acting the same as usual (still whistling and preening and adventurous)
- I found out this morning that he ate bits of my music book, so yes, acting the same :lol:
- Not extra naps
- Not extra puffing
- Only sneezes in the shower
Well get a new scale right away! Jeezy freaking me out about big weight drop on inaccurate scale ;)

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
are eyes watering or looking dark r red tint?
Let's see a pic