• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My bird just passed away moments ago

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sorrow:

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
I'm so sorry for your loss :sadhug:

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
I am so very sorry for your loss. You don't know if those candles were the culprit or not, it could have been a number of things so please be easy on yourself. I am very sorry that she is gone.

Nikorice

Meeting neighbors
I'm so sorry for your loss.

It's hard, particularly when something was done in ignorance. I know -- it happened to me too.

For now, cry, morn, grow. You have our prayers.

You'll never forget, but it will get better.

In time, it gave me peace knowing even the mistakes I made were done with my bird's best intentions in mind -- you loved her, and that's true of you as well. Your next lovely bird won't be Peaches, but they will be special, and they'll be safer and better off in your care because of her.
I'm not sure how to address everyone that has responded to my post but all of you are so supportive and sweet and I love you guys so much ❤ I called pet haven and will be getting her ashes and I will keep her small vase in a room in my house I couldn't just throw her away or bury her I loved her so so much

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How is your other bird doing?

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry you lost her :sadhug:

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I'm so sorry for your loss. We all make mistakes and learn from them. I did not take good care of my previous parrot that I had as a child. I had no idea he needed toys so all he ever had was perches. I try not to blame myself. This taught me so much.

Please don't blame yourself at this point. We have all made mistakes and mistakes are what make us humans. I know it is very difficuly but we are all here for you.

:hug8:

Nikorice

Meeting neighbors
How is your other bird doing?
He's doing great! I'm having some trouble understanding how to teach him how to step up though. He seems to like flying to my shoulder and sleeping in my hair and he does not bite but he tries to preen my neck ☺ I have no experience with a green cheek conure so I'm reading threads now!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
That´s not quite what I meant. I posted before you told us all about the conure. I was refering to your other lovebird - I see two in your profile photo and I was curious how the other was doing. But now I´m thinking you don´t have that other bird anymore either?

Nikorice

Meeting neighbors
That´s not quite what I meant. I posted before you told us all about the conure. I was refering to your other lovebird - I see two in your profile photo and I was curious how the other was doing. But now I´m thinking you don´t have that other bird anymore either?
Oh okay, That was my mother in laws peach face lovebird she's not mine. But she's doing okay. Her name is milo and peaches used to get along w her fine but they live in NYC I only visit now

Craftydan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Dan Crews
He's doing great! I'm having some trouble understanding how to teach him how to step up though. He seems to like flying to my shoulder and sleeping in my hair and he does not bite but he tries to preen my neck ☺ I have no experience with a green cheek conure so I'm reading threads now!
The hair thing is mostly nerves. Your hair is "safe" and warm, and the rest of the world is scary. A little time, encouragement and play will ease that.

As for stepping up, you've probably seen some instructions all over the avenue for clicker and target training . . . they really do help your bird learn what you like and what you're asking for. Trick is to find something he loves, and use that as the reward to match the click. Finding that takes some experimenting, but when you pull a piece of fruit or seed into your hand and it becomes a "Maui Magnet", you know that'll do ;)

Ciprian

Moving in
Real Name
Ciprian Nutescu
I'm sorry for your loss. I know how you feel.
Feeling guilty is the hardest part of grieving. Unfortunately only time will ease the pain.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Wings Forever High,Peaches...

Chaseh9464

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chase
I can’t imagine. I’m so sorry for your loss. Don’t blame yourself, it was done out of ignorance and birds don’t give you much leeway when it comes to air quality. Just take this time to mourn your loss and forgive yourself. Your intentions were only to give the best home to your bird. Don’t forget about her, make something important with her name on it so you can always remembered. Rest In Peace Peaches:sadhug2:

Pippa!

Walking the driveway
Peaches didn't make it...
I have been crying and my heart is broken into pieces..I killed my lovebird. I should have known that those candles were poisonous but I didn't do enough research and I just feel like she's gone because of my ignorance
How can I get through the grieving process? I'm so hurt and broke and I've been crying since I got the call from the vet
Oh I am so so sorry. My parakeet passed away a few months ago. I know how you feel. Just let yourself have a time of grieving. Losing a feathered friend is heartbreaking.