• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My bird just layed her second egg.

Cookie_Cat

Moving in
In the end of march beginning of april my Amazon Parrot just layed her first egg in almost 15 years and i was very lost about what to do. This morning when woke up i saw she layed her second egg near her food bowl and I'm still very lost and confused of what to do. Last time me and my family threw the egg away because we didn't know if we should keep it or not and people here on the forum told me i shouldnt so i didn't this time.

I'd like to know for how long i should keep the egg there, she's our only bird so ofc it won't hatch. If i should make some special diet for her now that she layed her second egg? Does anyone knows why it took her almost 15 years to lay eggs? We put her in a different room of the house a few months ago maybe that can be the reason that this is happening? Is it normal for a bird to lay egg when it's autumn almost winter? I know there's ways to make her stop laying eggs, should i just keep everything natural and let her or should i make it stop?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew