• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My bird hit a window 1 hour ago!

CharisNIchigo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charis
Hi everyone!
My lovebird was spooked by a sound and was heading to a slightly opened window and hit the window. She was a bit dazed but now is still eating drinking and active. Should I bring her to a vet for a check-up? I'm just concerned

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think a description of how she acts dazed might help other members. :)

Shivan

Walking the driveway
I would just keep an eye out , shes probably ok if shes normal now. It happens to the best of them. If she doesn't know windows or mirrors yet you might want to take her around and have her peck and explore each one.

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
I would just keep an eye out , shes probably ok if shes normal now. It happens to the best of them. If she doesn't know windows or mirrors yet you might want to take her around and have her peck and explore each one.
If she's still dazed in an hour, I'd start getting worried.

CharisNIchigo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charis
Watch her closely, if you feel she isnt right, then trust your gut.
I hope my gut is right that she isn't hurt..... This happened to my Eclectus too as she was spooked and flew into her cage and her wing was a bit twisted... She was wing flipping. So now I just have to watch them right?

CharisNIchigo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Charis
Okay I will keep a watch on both of my birds as they had an accident today...

GuineaPigster

Avenue Spotlight Award
Keep a close eye. :) If anything appears off, bring them to the vet. :)
Please let us know what happens wen you get a chance. :)

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
LIke witha person with a concussion keep a eye on them and see if they get dizzy while perched or tired more than usual . Best thing is go with your gut suggestion curtains over windows and any exposed mirror's ..