• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent my bird got hitted by my cat and the vetenarians are curently closed.what should i do?

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
my cat entered my room and tried to hunt my bird.i held her but my bird flew very close to my cat.my cat managed to touch my bird there was no claws if i remember.ive heard that i the bird is only touched its fine but i really want to make sure theill be fine even i its just the paw.i also dont now were a avian vet would be in my region right now.is there anything i can do to help them curently too?

blXndglXss

Meeting neighbors
I dont think there was a scratch.my bird is currently fine with no symptoms but id like to still check with a vet i they'd need antibiotics.i cant at this moment because there are curently closed.ive also called them to check but they didnt respond.theyll be open this monday at probably 10am. is the infection going to be directly fatal? is there a way to prevent their infection?

Last edited:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
i honestly dont know what urgent care works.how do i find urgent care and call?
An emergency vet- most vet clinics have a recording with information on the nearest open emergency vets for their phones when they’re closed.
Call your regular vet and see if they have an after hours number listed for you to call. If they dont then just call every other vet you can find and one of them will give details on where your closest emergency vets are