• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My bird friend.

Okbecky420

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rebecca herring
my friend recently was incarcerated and she wanted me to take care of her bird because she is gonna be gone a while and so is her spouse…..

so I go over to get the bird ( wood wood) and I get there and he is in none of his cages or on any of his perches, it’s dark as black in the house, I don’t hear a peep. Now normally this bird hates my stinking guts, and I hear nothing.. I’m literally freaking out like what if he’s dead. I smell something awful and I look down to see what it is if it’s close or whatnot and I see Wood Wood in the gallon bucket of bird seed and he’s not moving……

instantly I freak out and I’m start crying like she’s gonna fricking kill me. (Pardon my language)
Then he moves. I pick up the bucket slowly and get him to come out to me.
I put him inside his travel sized cage and I had brought water with me because I didn’t know if he had any lately. And he starts bobbing his head up and down and eating and drinking. He is only a year old I believe but I’m not sure..
I was wondering if anyone could help me maybe identify where he came from by his leg band…. Please. Any help is greatly appreciative. His band says. AGH OK 20 016

He doesn’t talk yet to me anyways. In the morn8ng I turn the light on in his room and tell him good morning and he chirps at me and while I’m in the bathroom he whistles 20EC87D9-70DA-40DA-A07B-9E7A9C8919AA.jpegand sings a song I think. Idk really. But it’s cute. I also have a daughter she’s 7 ,and every time she enters the room or he sees her he does this chirp thing that sounds like a laugh..it’s so funny.
and my puppy is a miniature breed dog and he’s a big baby , he whines every time he don’t get to go on a trip or if the bathroom door is closed and he don’t get to come in with ya.
The bird has learned to cry like the dog and he cries and

20EC87D9-70DA-40DA-A07B-9E7A9C8919AA.jpeg

when I go see where the puppy is to make sure he’s not stuck somewhere the bird laughs at me when I figure out it’s him… he’s great. Any advice or help on how to get him to speak better?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. It's very nice of you to help out your friend by taking care of this bird. He's super cute. Is he only eating seed? If so, an all seed diet isn't good for a bird. You can try adding pellets and vegetables and a little bit of fruit to his diet too. Does he have any toys? We have a list on here with some leg band info that I'll try to find but it doesn't cover every breeder. I'm thinking the 20 might be the year he was hatched.

@Zara ?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He is only a year old I believe but I’m not sure..
Sounds like the 20 on the band is his year of hatching then. OK could be oklahoma. I don´t know which breeder used the AGH code. @Monica ? 016 will be an identifier unique to the breeder, for them to track who the bird is and the parents.

Welcome to the Avenue Rebecca, that´s so great you are able to help your friend take care of her bird :)

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
A lot of birds never speak (but they have no trouble making themselves clear!) If Wood Wood already knows a few words but isn't talking yet, he may just be adjusting to such a big change. Then he'll probably start up again once he settles in. :)

Thank you for taking him in! :bighug:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome. Thank you for taking in this birdie in need.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
2020 is most likely the year

You can always try contacting pet stores and avian vet offices in Oklahoma to see if they may be familiar with the leg band.

Alternatively, you can contact the leg band companies and see if it's one of their leg bands.

Pamela79

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Pamela
She or he is gorgeous I wish you luck with him or her