• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My bird flew on my grandchild and she flung to the floor please tell me what to do

Jamie12

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jamie Mitchell
I have a green cheek conure he flew on my grandbaby and she plugged him on the floor he seemed stunned He's moving and opening his eyes but he's hardly moving is there something I can do

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Vet will observe him in oxygen take X-rays go now

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Go to an avian vet asap. Your bird may have internal injuries that will not show up.

In the meantime, keep him in a warm, dark enclosed area - a box or a carrier. Make sure you keep him calm. But yes, phone the vet NOW and arrange an appointment as soon as possible.

Jamie12

Real Name
Jamie Mitchell
Go to an avian vet asap. Your bird may have internal injuries that will not show up.

In the meantime, keep him in a warm, dark enclosed area - a box or a carrier. Make sure you keep him calm. But yes, phone the vet NOW and arrange an appointment as soon as possible.
I can't get in until tomorrow, he seems to be ok but we have appointment tomorrow

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Are you keeping him in a small enclosed area (box, carrier) where he can't move around too much. Too much activity may exacerbate any injuries he may have.

Jamie12

Real Name
Jamie Mitchell
Are you keeping him in a small enclosed area (box, carrier) where he can't move around too much. Too much activity may exacerbate any injuries he may have.
I made him a little spot with a soft hand towel he is up he just ate a grape. I think he is going to be ok but will feel better tomorrow after vet visit... Thanks so much

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Poor little guy, they are so tiny and fragile. Your granddaughter must have been startled and just reacted with out thinking or is very young. Glad he seems to be coming around and hopefully no issues will be found tomorrow :)

Jamie12

Real Name
Jamie Mitchell
Poor little guy, they are so tiny and fragile. Your granddaughter must have been startled and just reacted with out thinking or is very young. Glad he seems to be coming around and hopefully no issues will be found tomorrow :)
Thanks so much. Yeah he just startled her I think because we got the cicadas happening here right now just caught her off guard she's 13 she's been around him since we got him He's six I think she just swatted out of instinct she feels terrible but he's doing really good today he has appointment at 4:00 but I think he's going to be okay thanks so much I was so panicked to begin with I couldn't find any place opened to get him in

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Thanks so much. Yeah he just startled her I think because we got the cicadas happening here right now just caught her off guard she's 13 she's been around him since we got him He's six I think she just swatted out of instinct she feels terrible but he's doing really good today he has appointment at 4:00 but I think he's going to be okay thanks so much I was so panicked to begin with I couldn't find any place opened to get him in
I'm glad he's doing much better and she really is sorry it happened accidentally. My sister stepped on Nerd bird years ago and he let out a scream like he had been mortally wounded and flew into the couch. I picked him up thinking I was going to be saying goodbye to my best friend I'd grown up with for 20 years :sad13:He looked up at me and went ERK! His way of saying he was happy and all was right with his world:xflove:
Luckily she felt something soft under her foot and didn't put any weight on it and he was fine and enjoying the extra attention and sorry cuddles. He learned to never get to close and trust us to see him and started making traveling music when he was floor walking. We learned to shuffle our feet and watch for him in his favorite spots.
Tell her we all have these things happen and it's not really anyone's fault and it's a good learning experience that will never happen again.
He will forgive her with time, Nerd did and was with us happily another 10 years.