• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

my bird flew away

winniezon

Jogging around the block
my lovebird rio who i had had for less than 4 months flew away. i went to lunch and left my birds in their upstairs aviavy. when i came back i could'nt spot rio. we looked and looked and realised he had gotten through a thought to be covered hole and left his friend nori behind. we called him for hours and put down familiar things. we even put up posters. rio was the bird that had lived the longest and now had flew away. he never came back but we are still keeping our eye out for him
nori and rio.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am sorry..... It sounds like you are having a rough week :(

jh81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Thats terrible news :( i hope for a small miracle for you!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope you find him.

JewelAngel

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Erin
It's possible to get them back I had 3 fly away. One I always took outside with me, fully flighted. He got spooked and flew into a tree. I was lucky and I got him back in like 2 hours. Jewels got out once because I had a panic attack and ran out the door. I had just gotten back from camping and he didn't want me to leave, I locked the door knob as I walked out. He flew through the closing door onto my shoulder. I spooked him accidentally. It was the most amazing sight to see. I watched where he landed. Sat out there watching him. I got him back in like 2.

Pearl I used to let her stay free on her cage in my apartment. Because she was so scared. Well one Saturday in November of 18 she flew over my head and out the door. And I missed it happening. When I realized what happened I went and looked for her . Didn't find her.

Downloaded, if you don't have it download it, nextdoor on my phone. someone found her Monday at inland imaging. She had flown down, tripped the motion censor on the doors and went in. Someone called a friend and said hey I found this bird do you know anyone who is missing it? The person she called had seen the add. I got her back.

DON'T GIVE UP