• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My bird fell on his back I don’t know if I should take him to the vet

BirdydaGCC

Checking out the neighborhood
So my bird fell on his back yesterday and I don’t know if I should take him to the vet. I live in a isolated place so we don’t have any vets here. The nearest is 40 miles. He seems to be ok but has had some pro bled with standing on when leg. I don’t know if I should take him to the vet.

BirdydaGCC

Checking out the neighborhood
So my bird fell on his back yesterday and I don’t know if I should take him to the vet. I live in a isolated place so we don’t have any vets here. The nearest is 40 miles. He seems to be ok but has had some pro bled with standing on when leg. I don’t know if I should take him to the vet.
I mean problem

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
How did he fall?

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd definitely recommend taking him to the vet. Depending on how hard he fell he could have fractured something in his leg/back,pinched a nerve or have a soft tissue injury among other things or something hurt internally as well. When in doubt its always better to er on the side of caution and seek vet care. Unfortunately birds can go downhill so fast and then its too late especially landing on his back is a little odd.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Any fall especially back & have trouble standing even if its one leg has some sort of injury.
No way to access it online for even a vet.

Morning would be the best time to call vets & try to get him in asap.

Its the weekend & now getting late depending upon where you are.

He may have fainted as it rare a bird will fall on its back. Did you see it or find him on his back?

Its possible I guess but a bird even when not flighted will try to land on its feet so a hard impact can cause injury,
A hard impact to the back/neck etc is very dangerous & needs to be checked out.

Could be bleeding inside or bones broken. He is probably in pain if he is not using one leg.

Do the best you can & keep him quiet so to avoid further injury

You should take him to the vet if you want to give him every opportunity to survive & not be in pain.

No one can guess what injuries he has but without vet care its a big gamble none of us would advise to take.