• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My bird drank water with paint in it what do I do?

Samcv

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Samuel
Hello, I was Painting and I got out of my room for a sec, when I come back I found my bird ( cockatiel ) drinking the water from where I put the dirty brushes, i inmidiatly took her away and tried to gave her some fresh water, she’s fine right now, but I’m scared something happens to her, it’s she going to get sick? What do I do?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
What do I do?
If it were me I would take the water and the bird to the vet to have it checked out.
If your bird only dipped their beak in they may be ok, but as you were out of the room it is impossible to know how much they ingested, or how toxic this mixture is.

Samcv

Real Name
Samuel
What kinds of paint?
It was acrylic paint, i Checked the warnings And everything, and it said nothing about being toxic or anything

Samcv

Real Name
Samuel
If it were me I would take the water and the bird to the vet to have it checked out.
If your bird only dipped their beak in they may be ok, but as you were out of the room it is impossible to know how much they ingested, or how toxic this mixture is.
im Trying to search for a vet, sadly on my city there’s not a lot of vets specialized in birds, for now my bird seems to be doing fine, I’m going to take her to the vet anyways

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Acrylic is waterbased, Hopefully she didnt get too much, always safe than sorry. Hope shes ok, ..