• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Bird Acts Like He Doesn’t Get Attention But He Gets So Much

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
He doesn’t make noise in his cage however, he likes to do acrobats and run all over the cage. He does this for an hour and when he does move around me and the s/o try our hardest to ignore him...but he’s so cute. But we are strict about what time he goes back into the cage. He’s been out since 9 in the morning and put back once because my s/o bought me soup. I am sick and have been quarantining and part of me thinks he misses me but at the same time he has been doing the same attention dance from the start. We put him back inside at 7pm.

The avian vet is booked and our appointment is on the 4th of May. Don’t think he is sick but he is ruining his feathers by hanging the way he does lol.

Is he/she okay? Btw I’m not near the cage, I just zoomed in a lot but next time I should’ve had the s/o do it.

utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=137ggmonvr8bv

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
My bad, had my account on private. It should be available now.
Edit: I am not a child. Please do not treat me any less than you would because of my looks. I have spent many hours of community service to the army rotc program while I was in the Air-force rotc in college. I only left because I did not like the toxic environment and decided I did not want to spend 8 years of commitment with such a bad a mysoginistic environment. Not all rotc programs are like it but where I was at, it was evident. Thank you for taking the time reading this :)

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
It sounds like the necessary break in routine for your recovery is bothering him. He'll welcome you back when you're well again. Wishing you well!

There are stricter privacy settings for minors for their own protection & to adhere to various countries' privacy laws. They're not treated as lesser here.

If your birthday's wrong, the admins can help you change it. :)

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
That link wants me to login. I don't have an account and I'm sure there's others here who don't also.

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I saw it. He looks like a very happy and healthy bird - just very energetic! Looks like he needs the opportunity to be out and go nuts to get all that energy out. :D What's his diet like? Maybe too much energy?

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
That link wants me to login. I don't have an account and I'm sure there's others here who don't also.
Hi sorry about that. Here is a YouTube video. Next time I’ll make sure to do that.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
lol Yep, he definitely wants to come out and play!

Looks happy and healthy, let him out when you can, and make sure there's lots of things to do when caged.

It's hard to say no when they so want near us. And we all wonder why our birds are spoiled! ;)

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
It sounds like the necessary break in routine for your recovery is bothering him. He'll welcome you back when you're well again. Wishing you well!

There are stricter privacy settings for minors for their own protection & to adhere to various countries' privacy laws. They're not treated as lesser here.

If your birthday's wrong, the admins can help you change it. :)
Thank you! Getting tested for covid but I don’t think I have it but it’s always good to check. And I hope that is the case. Love him to bits and was sad that I couldn’t play with him the past 3 days.

The birthdate is wrong but the year is correct but thank you for reassuring me. You would not believe the amount of gross private messages I get on Instagram because my s/o is very tall:sour:

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I saw it. He looks like a very happy and healthy bird - just very energetic! Looks like he needs the opportunity to be out and go nuts to get all that energy out. :D What's his diet like? Maybe too much energy?
He eats some green beans, carrots, corn, quinoa and a mixture of Harrison pellets and another one I forgot...through out the bag lol but was told it was good for him
He eats a mixture of green beans, carrots, corn, and broccoli, quinoa, and oatmeal in the morning and then I offer him a mixture of Harrison and roundy bush pellets but he still eats seeds with it too but he’s gotten really good at eating pellets.

We do train him daily with step ups and targeting and some recall flying. He usually takes 2 naps so maybe those naps r giving him all this energy??

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
lol Yep, he definitely wants to come out and play!

Looks happy and healthy, let him out when you can, and make sure there's lots of things to do when caged.

It's hard to say no when they so want near us. And we all wonder why our birds are spoiled! ;)
Yes! We want to get him some foraging toys soon. On the first day we had him he already split one toy in a third :lol:

But okay thank you for your response. I think I am just being super anxious because his avian appointment isn’t for a while.

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
Hi everyone, thank you for the responses. I think I am just overthinking and anxious because the avian vet is booked til May 4th and we just really love him/her. Again thank you.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Looks like a happy energetic healthy bird who wants out for play time to me. If he’s young then he likely isn’t too worried about ruining his feathers

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
Looks like a happy energetic healthy bird who wants out for play time to me. If he’s young then he likely isn’t too worried about ruining his feathers
Okay thank you :) that makes me feel a lot better about his tail!

fajita_mom

Moving in
Real Name
Raven
when i got my bcc, his tail and feathers were in bad shape too. after some time he went through his first molt, and took better care of his feathers. he hasn't hit terrible two's yet, but it feels like it >.<. i think part of what youre experiencing with a new baby bird is the panic period, where you don't know what is normal or abnormal for your bird baby (trust me, it sucks XD) but yeah, kiwipo does look very happy and energetic, and all around adorable ^-^ if you need any extra helps or training tricks, i recommend 'Flying Fids' on youtube. she owns two (maybe three) conures and discusses some important tips i personally enjoyed =) hope you're doing well fellow bcc mom ^^

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Another thing, I don't see any natural wood perches in that cage, I recommend adding some in place of those dowels so he gets more exercise.

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
when i got my bcc, his tail and feathers were in bad shape too. after some time he went through his first molt, and took better care of his feathers. he hasn't hit terrible two's yet, but it feels like it >.<. i think part of what youre experiencing with a new baby bird is the panic period, where you don't know what is normal or abnormal for your bird baby (trust me, it sucks XD) but yeah, kiwipo does look very happy and energetic, and all around adorable ^-^ if you need any extra helps or training tricks, i recommend 'Flying Fids' on youtube. she owns two (maybe three) conures and discusses some important tips i personally enjoyed =) hope you're doing well fellow bcc mom ^^
Thank you for sharing your experience with me and yes I am definitely going through the panic period haha. And okay thank you for the recommendation I will check it out!

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
Another thing, I don't see any natural wood perches in that cage, I recommend adding some in place of those dowels so he gets more exercise.
We only have one but yes for sure we will get more! Also monitoring the rope situation. So far no chewing but all the horror stories of rope and birds are scary so we want to eventually remove it and have natural wood and platform. Thank u for mentioning about the natural wood.

Birdie Mama

Mayor of the Avenue
If baby is a chewer, maybe some vet wrap on the boing? My baby loves his bc it has a bell on it, and also is where he sleeps. But he does not chew on it so not sure if vet wrap could be the answer. Never used it but @saroj12 has just wrapped hers in some...hopefully she sees this and gives some insight....btw, he is gorgeous :heart:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
If baby is a chewer, maybe some vet wrap on the boing? My baby loves his bc it has a bell on it, and also is where he sleeps. But he does not chew on it so not sure if vet wrap could be the answer. Never used it but @saroj12 has just wrapped hers in some...hopefully she sees this and gives some insight....btw, he is gorgeous :heart:
Well my vet wrap is getting pretty shredded because Rudy chews on it but doesn’t ingest it. Tears off little pieces and drops them

image.jpg

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
Thank you for the suggestion! He is a chewer so this’ll definitely help. And thank you! We love his is built in scarf lol.