• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Big Red Cuddle Bug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

avianantics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
Awww.... what a sweetie!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
that is such a lovely video. Can see me doing that with our blue front Jay in about a month of Sundays, I don't think! He would rip me apart!:rofl:
It is so lovely to see that some have it though, some aren't meant to ever be like that.
Well it takes all kinds to make a world and it would be a very dull place otherwise wouldn't it?:rofl:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
Just wonderful. Scarlets rule! Love fest here every morning when I get up. Ok, need to go and get Molly now!

Just beautiful.

Peggy

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I thought we weren't suppose to pat under the wings?????????
I was not petting under the wings but it is really up to the owner and how well they know their bird. I would never cuddle like this with a bird that I didn't trust. Even with birds that I know very well they are still rescue birds that have sometimes unpredictable action. However, Apollo has never shown signs of breeding or wanting to breed with me so I am careful, not to stir up such actions. But again it is how you know the bird and what body language you are observing at that time.

So sweet :) Five bucks says that's a girl, Jen :D

The licking is macaw kissing. She's smoochin' on ya ;)
That what I was thinking too. lol Apollo just acts so much like a female, I am glad to get an opinion from someone who has two females macaws :) Thanks :dance5:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awwww...what a sweet sweet video. :heart::heart:

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
That is absolutely adorable!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Originally Posted by Holiday
So sweet :) Five bucks says that's a girl, Jen :D

The licking is macaw kissing. She's smoochin' on ya ;)

That what I was thinking too. lol Apollo just acts so much like a female, I am glad to get an opinion from someone who has two females macaws :) Thanks :dance5:
I wanted to ask you if Rex was DNA'd. I didnt want to offend by saying he looks like a very girlie macaw, just by his *her* personality in that video.:hug8:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I wanted to ask you if Rex was DNA'd. I didnt want to offend by saying he looks like a very girlie macaw, just by his *her* personality in that video.:hug8:
Nope that is another reason I was asking about the avian biotech. Thats funny that you say he looks girly because *she* has been acting very girly. By now I can pretty much tell sex by looks and personality and I am almost positive Malachi is a male and Apollo is female. :) Does Apollo act like Gra did?

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

Does Apollo act like Gra did?

Not really. Gra was always trying to regurgitate for me (males do this too) when we started to cuddle:hehe::heart: She would say "MMM" and try to regurgitate and run away and come back and cuddle under my chin, look up at me, eyes sparkling and dilating and then tongue my face, cuddle under my chin...However the cuddlyness and sweetness and no nippyness was just like her:cool1: Your Big Red (a nickname I gave Gra too :) is a sweetie. I notice Apollo messing with her/his toes while you were cuddling, does s/he do this often? Gra always like to touch her toes when she was getting loving, :hehe:

I loved it when her bare facial patch would rest upon my cheek and you can just tell she is loving the cuddles. Her face would turn red with love.. it was the eyes that said a lot. The way she looked up at me with sparkly eyes..**sigh**:heart::hug8:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Not really. Gra was always trying to regurgitate for me (males do this too) when we started to cuddle:hehe::heart: She would say "MMM" and try to regurgitate and run away and come back and cuddle under my chin, look up at me, eyes sparkling and dilating and then tongue my face, cuddle under my chin...However the cuddlyness and sweetness and no nippyness was just like her:cool1: Your Big Red (a nickname I gave Gra too :) is a sweetie. I notice Apollo messing with her/his toes while you were cuddling, does s/he do this often? Gra always like to touch her toes when she was getting loving, :hehe:

I loved it when her bare facial patch would rest upon my cheek and you can just tell she is loving the cuddles. Her face would turn red with love.. it was the eyes that said a lot. The way she looked up at me with sparkly eyes..**sigh**:heart::hug8:
Yea Apollo messes with his feet a lot too when I am cuddling him. I am glad I had the band removed because he used to mess with his feet in an irritated manner. Apollo has only regurged for me 1 time so thank god lol Malachi does it ALL the time...YUCK lol When I wanted a Scarlet I never ever thought I was going to get a cuddly one I have never seen a cuddly scarlet. I am very happy with her :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

Yea Apollo messes with his feet a lot too when I am cuddling him. I am glad I had the band removed because he used to mess with his feet in an irritated manner. Apollo has only regurged for me 1 time so thank god lol Malachi does it ALL the time...YUCK lol When I wanted a Scarlet I never ever thought I was going to get a cuddly one I have never seen a cuddly scarlet. I am very happy with her :)
I hate the stereo types that are said about scarlet macaws.. Im sure if they are well raised and very well loved, and have boundaries said and good communication between human and macaw, I dont think a scarlet would be Nippy. I know Barbara Heidenreich did a test on 15 or so scarlet macaws, and she said that they are no more nippy than any other of the macaws.

I think scarlets need a strong owner though, so the owner knows how to deal with the scarlet emotional mind and how they think. Scarlet dont seem to to think or process things a "normal" macaw would.

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Awww, how heart warming. What a sweetheart he is.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
All I can say is :omg:

The video is just too cute!! :eek:

Apollo has only regurged for me 1 time so thank god lol Malachi does it ALL the time...YUCK lol When I wanted a Scarlet I never ever thought I was going to get a cuddly one I have never seen a cuddly scarlet. I am very happy with her :)
Happy you found your dream bird. Has Malachi changed his behavior since bringing Apollo home?

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
All I can say is :omg:

The video is just too cute!! :eek:

Happy you found your dream bird. Has Malachi changed his behavior since bringing Apollo home?
Not at all actually, Apollo I think intimidates him if he gets too close but if I have Apollo on the playstand and Malachi on the bed or the other way around all is fine. His temperment is just the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.