• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

MY beloved budgie Glory

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Hello. I want to share my sadness. One of my beloved budgie Glory died yesterday after the eye operation in Czech. I took her in october 2018 with some ortopedic handicaps... but I loved her and love her forever. In october or november last year I noticed her right eye is enlarged a little and has no reflex there. I went to some convenia injections with her after pseudomonas putida was found in swab of the mouth. It did not help, then I tried enrofloxacine a little, and doxycycline. I let her and her partner for quarantine at my vet in Czech / I am from SLovakia /. She was dosing various medications. Then pseudomonas was negative, then some Pantoea agglomerans was found, again healing... eye drops did not help and the eye go into the bad condition, swollen and almost dark. Also the left eye seemed to me more wet and had bad relfexes. So I decided for the operation despite it is risky. After the operation Glory started to wake up, but probably suffered a shock and died. I will love her forever and I hope she will have a good another life. I do not like words like R.I.P., etc... just having a good another life is a good wish. This is her photo from the previous owner in september 2018 probably. Some birds are resistant towards antibiotics, what a pity.

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m sorry for your loss

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm so sorry for your loss! What a pretty girl she was :sorrow:

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Thank you all for the replies. Yes, she was pretty and still will be. Like once Dr. Ross Perry told me : let the door opened for your bird to come back like a healthy one. I believe they can reincarnate like people can.
This he said. I was scared of that operation, but it was the only choice. Here she is with her partner Bento.

Attachments

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:sorrow:

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
thank you. I believe she will have a good another life. But is staying with us foreved / me and my budgies /.

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow:
I am sorry for your loss and I can only say thank you for attempting everything that was possible for your bird. God bless both of you.
I feel the same way. Thankyou for giving her the best chance possible. She was a beautiful bird

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Thank you. Said is that the operaiton was necessary to save my budgie. The eye looked really bad.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for the loss of your little friend. :sorrow:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
1674491056885.gif

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Thank you. I would not be oriented on the cross. She will be healthy in another life.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss.

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Thank you.
Glory was found melanone in the eye in histology. In the iris and in the corpus ciliare. How can it happen, i do not know.

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
Thank you.
Glory was found melanone in the eye in histology. In the iris and in the corpus ciliare. How can it happen, i do not know.
Oh so I guess it was a cancer. This awful illness makes so many victims. If one day someone comes with a treatment the person will have his name in history books.

Anyway I disgress. Hoping you will feel better and taking care of yourself.

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
sorry, what is disgress? I think there is no any special weapon on the cancer. Cancer has some deep maybe also spiritual roots and causes.