• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My Baby Conure Squints his Eyes. Is he sick or tired??

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
I noticed that sometimes when he eats his food he looks like he’s squinting or slowly closing his eyes. I don’t believe he is sick because there are no other signs. His poop looks completely normal. He loves to fly. Is he just tired? Is this a sign of pleasure? He just got weened off liquids and I noticed he likes to take mini naps when we hold him.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could be that he is just getting sleepy. Can you post photos or videos?

KiwiPo

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lily
Could be that he is just getting sleepy. Can you post photos or videos? B
Yes. Sorry about that! I noticed that he doesn’t continue to squint when he eats. Also for context of what’s he done today is roughly 20 min of target training with two breaks and some flight training. He’s already flying towards me and my s/o(under 5ft distance)as well as flying on top of my phone(About 3 times today), and he loves our lamp because of the heat. He seems to have a nick of flying so we also started some flight training by using millet to coax him to fly to us.

Attachments

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Aww, beautiful conure!! He’s probably just a sleepy baby, but hopefully someone else will have a better answer than that!!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
It’s a sign of oh so yummy!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
That’s what I was thinking haha. 3/4 times we visited him at the breeder, he was always eating while every other baby bird was sleeping or playing :roflmao:
Lol! Lil piggy wiggy!
My caiques squint and vocalize in approval when eating yummy food